Following several months of public comment, on August 14, 2012, the US Patent and Trademark Office ("USPTO") published the remaining final rules in the Federal Register to implement major provisions of the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act ("AIA") that include:
- Inter partes review proceedings, post-grant review proceedings and a transitional program for covered business method patents
- Trial before Patent Trial and Appeal Board ("PTAB")
- Supplemental examination
- Third-party pre-issuance submissions of prior art
- Inventor's oath or declaration
- Changes to the statute of limitations for beginning disciplinary proceedings
These rules and the applicable provisions of the AIA will become effective on September 16, 2012.
Click here to download PDF.
This publication is provided for your convenience and does not constitute legal advice. This publication is protected by copyright.
© 2012 White & Case LLP