Anti-money laundering: Anticipate current events and adopt best practices
New developments / new challenges in the AML fight:
- A new European Public Prosecutor's Office to combat money laundering?
- Risks related to Brexit?
- Cryptocurrencies, new technologies, PEP, tax regularisations, risk prevention and governance
Date: Monday, 20 May 2019, under the Presidence of the Philippe de Koster, Chairman of the CTFI-CFI (AML authority)
- 9:15 am: The new European Prosecutor: a challenge for tomorrow (Michel Claise, Investigation judge, French speaking Court of First Instance of Brussels)
- 10:15 am: How can we provide reasonable assurance that the objectives for the fight against money laundering are being achieved? (Laurent Gatot, Head of Compliance, Bpost banque)
- 11:30 am: The fight against money laundering during the Brexit process (Nathalie Colin, Partner, White & Case and Jonah Anderson, Partner, White & Case)
- 2:00 pm: New players in the financial world and the fight against money laundering (Paul-Emile Gillain, Business analyst and Benoît Paumier, Strategic analyst, CTIF-CFI)
- 3:30 pm: How to identify the beneficial owner: practical guidance (Sabrina Scarnà, Partner, tetralaw)
Link for attendees to register: https://www.ifebenelux.be/formation/lutte-contre-le-blanchiment-compliance-ife
The event will be mainly in French language.