White & Case is a sponsor of Daily Journal's Women Leadership in Law Conference. The event will take place on November 15, 2018 in San Francisco. Guests include leading law professionals in Silicon Valley.
Silicon Valley Partner, Bijal Vakil is presenting, "Women in Business Development." Bijal's panel takes a no-holds-barred and honest look at business development by engaging in a frank discussion with female and diverse law firm partner rainmakers, and three in-house leaders who are in positions to assign significant matters to outside counsels (and who have also served as law firm partners prior to their in-house careers). The panelists will discuss how women and diverse lawyers can generate significant business, how it is critical to begin developing business from day one, and how to best poise oneself to be hired by top Fortune companies in order to truly overcome stubborn gender and racial divides that continue to hold our profession back in BigLaw. Insights from this panel are relevant to any lawyer in any sector—from those working in smaller firms to plaintiff-side practitioners.
Additional speakers include:
- Gay C. Grunfeld, Managing Partner, Rosen Bien Galvan & Grunfeld LLP
- Tammy Albarran, Deputy General Counsel, Uber Technologies, Inc.
- Jose Martin, Managing Counsel, Enterprise-wide Litigation, Chevron
- Natalie Naugle, Associate General Counsel, Litigation Facebook
- Quyen Ta, Partner, Boies Schiller Flexner LLP
To register, please visit the event website.