White & Case – Overview of our Firm
What started as a radical idea, that the world is our market, is now our reality. Our Firm’s beginnings in New York in 1901 and subsequent global expansion instilled in us a commitment to excellence, a confident and ambitious spirit that is now fundamental to our practice. Grounded in and being part of markets that matter, we have developed expertise and global knowledge that power meaningful solutions for leading clients.
With 41 offices in 29 countries, White & Case’s longstanding presence in the global legal market is unmatched, ensuring that our lawyers work on high-profile and cutting-edge matters and deals. We value the individual, while fostering a culture of teamwork among more than 2,000 lawyers worldwide through an inclusive approach to building relationships and mentoring.
As a global firm, diversity and inclusion are inherent core values of White & Case, embedded in all we do in our offices and work worldwide. Taking innovative approaches, we help our clients gain success through new strategies and fresh thinking. All of this allows us to offer our lawyers a rich, collaborative and challenging environment full of opportunity worldwide. Come and see for yourself!
The White & Case 1L Workshop is a truly unique opportunity to gain an early insight into Big Law and the skills needed for success. This two-day immersion program will be held in the New York office, where you will discover White & Case through panels, presentations and networking events.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Meet lawyers at different levels and hear about their career paths and practice areas
- Take part in a series of interactive trainings—one specific to Corporate, the other to Litigation
- Shadow a lawyer during their workday
- Participate in a mock interview exercise
- Hear highlights about our Pro Bono work and Diversity initiatives
This program will allow you to gain real-life experience in a fast-paced high-energy environment, cultivate valuable career development skills and discover what makes White & Case a unique and preeminent global law firm.
Program dates: March 15 – 16, 2018
Selection process—a successful candidate will possess:
- Proven desire to pursue a career in a global law firm
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function as an effective and collegial team member
- Leadership abilities
Applications will be accepted from 1L law students. Spaces for this program are limited.
How to apply
Please email Tyla Murphy, Attorney Recruiting Assistant at [email protected] with the following information.
Application deadline: January 26, 2018:
- Undergraduate transcript
- A 250-word personal statement that describes your reasons for pursuing a career at a global firm and any potential practice areas of interest
We will be recruiting for this program on a rolling basis so please ensure you submit your application at your soonest convenience.
Careers: Students & Graduates
For student and graduate career opportunities, please click here.