As part of Paris Arbitration Week, White & Case is pleased to invite you to a seminar and round table discussion focusing on key African arbitral institutions and jurisdictions. Please do join us for what promises to be a fascinating debate between our panel members as to the respective pros and cons of arbitration in their jurisdictions, and the work of their respective arbitral institutions.
Thursday, 4 April 2019
17h00: Welcome address by Christophe von Krause, Partner, White & Case
17h10: Overview of African arbitral institutions and jurisdictions
- Narcisse Aka: Ivory Coast. Secretary-General of Court of Justice and Arbitration of OHADA (CCJA)
- Yemi Candide-Johnson: Nigeria. President of the Lagos Court of Arbitration
- Ndanga Kamau: Kenya. Vice-President, ICC International Court of Arbitration, President, ICC Africa Commission
- Dr. Mohamed Hafez: Egypt. Counsel & Legal Advisor to the Director of the Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA)
- Leyou Tameru: Ethiopia. Legal Consultant and Founder, I-Arb Africa
17h45: Panel: debate on the pros and cons of the respective African arbitral institutions and jurisdictions. Moderated by Elizabeth Oger-Gross, Partner, White & Case
18h40: Closing remarks by Charles Nairac, Partner, White & Case
White & Case, Paris
19, Place Vendôme
To register, please click here.