Global economic growth is back on the agenda, and companies are once again looking to position themselves for success by pursuing mergers and acquisitions. But what are the prerequisites for success in an increasingly disrupted world?
Our panel will discuss the following topics:
- Strategies for a successful merger control process
- Disclosure standards during the notification process
- Internal documents
- Gun jumping
- Mergers in innovation markets
- Vertical mergers
- Political risk / Government intervention
- New FDI landscape
- Using merger control to challenge a deal
We will also discuss ways in which the rules could be simplified and offer up some practical tips about how best to seal the deal, with insight from individuals who have recently been through the hoops.
During the event, we also look forward to formally launching our new global merger control publication, 'Global merger control: Crossing the finish line'.
- Arabella Hinton, Head of Competition & Regulatory Affairs at O2 (Telefónica UK)
- Marc Israel, Partner, White & Case, London
- Guy Potel, Partner, White & Case, London
- Mark Powell, Partner, White & Case, Brussels and London
- Sophie Sahlin, Counsel, White & Case, Brussels
- Axel Schulz, Partner, White & Case, Brussels
Wednesday, 13 June 2018
18:30 Registration, networking, drinks and canapés
19:00 – 20:00 Seminar
White & Case LLP
5 Old Broad Street
London EC2N 1DW
To register your interest to attend, please follow this link.