Spotlight "Italian Banks": Market trends for NPLs and Unlikely to Pay (UtP) exposures
Spring Series 2019 – Germany
Non-performing loans (NPLs) remain a major issue for parts of the European banking system. The Italian NPL market is by far the busiest European market and the Italian government guarantee scheme GACS has significantly supported the Italian banks to clean up their balance sheets. In addition to NPLs, UtPs are now gaining momentum in Italy.
EU legislators and the ECB have also made NPLs a top priority. New concepts of regulatory backstops introduced by the European Commission and guidance on NPLs published by the ECB will continue to have an impact on European banks – in particular their NPL portfolio management.
At this event, we will take a closer look at current trends and the challenges the European NPL markets will face in the coming months. Amongst others, the speakers will discuss lessons learned from the Italian approach and what elements of the Italian solutions might be applied to other EU Member States.
- David Bergman, Executive Director Structured Finance, Scope Ratings, Milan
- Anne Fröhling (tbc), Head of Section, DG Microprudential Supervision II, European Central Bank
- Biagio Giacalone, Head of Department – Active Credit Portfolio Steering, Intesa Sanpaolo
- Guido Lombardo, Chief Investment Officer, Credito Fondiario
- Daniel Baierlein, Local Partner, White & Case, Frankfurt
- Gianluca Fanti, Partner, White & Case, Milan
- Dr. Dennis Heuer, Partner, White & Case, Frankfurt
Wednesday, 3 April 2019
3:00 p.m. Registration
3:15 p.m. Event begins
5:00 p.m. Networking & canapés
White & Case, Frankfurt
White & Case
Bockenheimer Landstraße 20
60323 Frankfurt am Main
To register, please click here.
For more information on our Spring Series 2019 – Germany, please follow this link.