This briefing is the first in our series of briefings on corporate governance and is designed to provide a synopsis of topical corporate governance matters impacting companies in the UK. Future briefings will track the development of these matters and identify new matters of interest.
This initial briefing focuses on key matters arising since September 2018. If you would like further details on a topic, please contact a member of our Public Company Advisory team, whose details can be found at the end of this paper.
- Remuneration policy and remuneration report disclosures
- Audit market and corporate reporting
- The UK's company registration framework
- Obligations for proxy advisors
- Case Study: Cathay International Holdings Limited
- Effectiveness of independent board evaluations
- The Modern Slavery Act 2015
- 2019 UK Stewardship Code
- Energy and Carbon Reporting regulations
- UK Corporate Governance Code
- The Companies (Miscellaneous Reporting) Regulations 2018
- Investment Association to target diversity laggards and overgenerous executive pensions
- The Wates Corporate Governance Principles for Large Private Companies
- Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association policy and voting guidelines for 2019
- Electronic execution of documents
- Gender balance in FTSE leadership
- Disclosures on energy consumption and efficiency
- Investor agenda for corporate ESG reporting
- Update on business model, risk and viability reporting guidance
- Recognised corporate governance code – requirement for all AIM companies
- Analysis of board diversity reporting across the FTSE 350
The White & Case UK Public Company Advisory (PCA) team advises UK public companies on their day-to-day legal affairs. In particular, the team engages with listed companies outside of their transaction cycle and provides advice across a range of matters, with particular expertise in corporate governance and corporate advisory. The team is experienced in company secretarial matters and regularly provides support to non-legal functions (as well as legal and company secretarial teams) within PLCs. Our clients range in size and maturity from newly listed companies to mature companies and from small-cap companies to global FTSE 350 companies.
The PCA team is part of the network of White & Case offices offering pubic company advisory services, with specialist practice teams in the US, Germany, Italy and France.
This publication is provided for your convenience and does not constitute legal advice. This publication is protected by copyright.
© 2019 White & Case LLP