EU Customs Practice Group: February – March 2012
In this issue:
(1) EU Customs Policy (Commission's proposal for amendment of the MCC; EP study on the implementation of the MCC)
(2) Tariffs (Update on duty suspensions/tariff quotas; Council and EP discuss EU GSP reform; FTA update)
(3) Classification (Classification Regulations; Additional Note for set-top boxes with a communication function; Nomenclature Committee)
(4) Origin (European Parliament and Council clear Convention on pan-Euro-Mediterranean rules of origin; Diagonal cumulation between the EU and Balkan states; Origin Committee meeting; First meeting of the Customs Committee of the EU-Korea FTA)
(5) Valuation (Valuation Committee)
(6) Procedures (CJEU rules that the lack of diligence on the part of the national customs authorities can justify the remission of a customs debt; Council adopts EU position to establish mutual recognition of the AEO/C-TPAT programmes; EU-Canada agreement on customs cooperation with respect to supply chain security; EU publishes amendments to TIR Convention)
(7) Miscellaneous (Report on mutual assistance for the recovery of claims relating to duties; Trade and Investment barriers Report 2012; EU list of authorities empowered to issue export licences for cultural goods; EU-China IPR Seminar; IMCO Committee Votes on Customs enforcement of intellectual property rights; ACTA ratification delayed in the EU; EU sanctions against Syria and Iran affecting imports/exports of goods; Updated Common Military List of the EU; Regulation establishing export authorisations and import and transit measures for arms and ammunition; EU measures on Japanese food and feed imports; WTO and OECD develop statistics on trade in value added; EU expresses concern over Argentina's trade restrictive measures; EU joint customs operation on smuggled cigarettes)
Click here to download PDF.
Search for more EU Customs Developments newsletters.
This publication is provided for your convenience and does not constitute legal advice. This publication is protected by copyright.
© 2012 White & Case LLP