Working in the Czech Republic
White & Case was one of the very first international law firms to expand into the Czech Republic after the change in social and political climate in 1989, establishing our Prague office in 1991. Since then, our lawyers and tax advisors have continued to push boundaries, working on a wide range of complex local and cross-border legal and tax advisory issues.
We maintain a positive and friendly work environment, which eases the demands of working for a leading global law firm. Our employees have excellent academic and professional qualifications, and all contribute to the collegial and supportive atmosphere of our office.
We recognize that our employees spend a significant part of their lives at the workplace, and we provide them with a wide variety of benefits. We support their ongoing personal and professional development and reward outstanding achievement.
White & Case is the only international law firm in the Czech Republic with a full-service and top-ranked tax practice. Ranked by Mergermarket as the # 1 legal advisor for M&A work in the Czech Republic by deal value over the last decade, we also have a distinctive position in Financing, Financial Restructuring and Insolvency.
This market-leading standpoint has enabled us to represent major foreign and domestic clients in some of the most significant private workouts in the region, where we have advised on standstill agreements, rescheduling agreements and debt/equity conversions. We have advised on almost all Capital Markets firsts in the country, including the first IPO, international bond, Eurobond and most other types of debt issuances.
Since I joined White & Case three years ago I’ve travelled to our offices around Europe. I’ve worked in New York and experienced a different work environment and global collaboration.
Working on complex projects and being in direct contact with clients, while getting mentorship and guidance from highly regarded professionals, equips you with an exceptional competitive edge.
We’re proud that our people are from a wide variety of backgrounds. We attract people with a global mindset who prioritize learning about different cultures, experiences, languages and viewpoints.
It goes without saying that we expect intelligence and academic excellence. But the way you think is crucial. You need to be able to analyze how the law works and be creative, yet pragmatic, in your interpretation of it. Our clients depend on our lawyers’ ability to resolve a complex issue or structure an international transaction on their behalf.
We value collaboration and a team-oriented mindset. Clients and colleagues will depend on you to perform tasks accurately, efficiently and on time, and to work in teams to get the legal work done.
We evaluate every applicant individually based on our needs. Based on the expectations on each associate working at White & Case, we have identified some general characteristics that we consider to be essential for the performance of each associate:
- Excellent knowledge of local law, and international private law
- Ability to apply law to client matters and provide practical guidance to clients based on previous experience
- Efficient time management
- Excellent command of English (written and oral), including legal terminology
- Cooperation with legal and non-legal staff of the Firm as a team player
Please see our Czech internship brochure containing information about our internship program and graduate recruitment.
The Prague office offers career opportunities to professionals in a number of fields. There are more than 50 individuals working in various administrative positions, including Administration, Accounting, Marketing, HR and IT departments.
White & Case Academy is a complex program for students of law at all universities in the Czech Republic. Lectures and workshops will be held twice a month during the spring semester and will be focused on legal topics and soft skills.
March – April 2019
White & Case
Na Příkopě 14
110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic
To apply for a position with the Prague office of White & Case, please send your resume and a cover letter in English online.
Our interview process usually includes in-person interviews with HR representative, lawyers and partners to enable us to get to know you and allow you to get a feel for our environment.
In case you are applying for an associate position, you will also be given a legal case study and analytical test in our office. The interview process takes approximately two weeks up to one month.
If you would like to be part of our team, please apply at any time. Career opportunities: Apply online.
T +420 255 771 343
E [email protected]
Your resume should include the following information:
- Education: The names of the educational institutions you have attended or are currently attending; your major field of study; the date of graduation and your examination results
- Work experience: The names of organizations you have worked for, a short job description and the dates you worked for each organization
- References: These are not required with your initial application, but providing them will be helpful
- Extracurricular activity: Description of extra activities (such as sports, Moot Courts, etc.) that are not part of the regular schedule of classes
Feel free to include any other information you think may be useful or of interest to us in your resume or cover letter, but please limit the length of each document to a maximum of two pages.
Your cover letter should include the following information:
- Position: Please refer to the position for which you are applying (e.g., associate, tax advisor, legal secretary, accounting, administration, etc.).
- Purpose: Please describe why you want to join White & Case.
- Current Employment: Please indicate whether you are presently employed and, if so, by whom.
- Start date: Please indicate when you would be available for employment.
- Contact details: Please provide current contact information for us to get in touch with you. Please also indicate how you would prefer to be contacted, and the best times to reach you.
Number of clients our Prague office has helped since the Prague office opened in 1991
of White & Case Legal Interns promoted to Associates
pro bono hours since 1991