Global law firm White & Case LLP has been recognized as an "International Elite" firm in this year's Latin Lawyer 250. The new category honors the international firms that are "operating at the very top of the region's legal market."
In its profile of the Firm, Latin Lawyer writes, "White & Case has built an exceptional Latin America offering over the past three decades and has firmly positioned itself as a leading international player in the region." Strategic hires and organic growth are credited with elevating the group's profile and leading to work on "some of the biggest, ground-breaking and influential deals around the region."
The publication lauds the group's "truly top-tier transactional offering" and pioneering disputes practice, and notes that the expertise of the "large and diverse team" now caters to a wide variety of client needs.
Christian Hansen, head of White & Case's Latin America Practice, said, "I'm so pleased with this recognition. Together, our team continues to excel in numerous practice areas, demonstrating the strong reputation we have in the market. As we support our clients on their most strategic and prominent matters in the region, we are honored to be recognized as an elite firm by Latin Lawyer."
White & Case is recommended in the following six practice areas:
- Arbitration: "This arbitration team is in the Elite for this practice in Latin America, with only a couple of competitors showing a similar volume and complexity of caseload across the region."
- Banking & Finance: "White & Case has a deep bench in this area and is regularly engaged in the representation of borrowers, lenders, lead arrangers, agents and credit parties in the most significant, complex and high-value cross-border finance transactions in the Latin American market."
- Capital Markets: "White & Case is a well-established and respected player in capital markets work, with talent spread across New York, Miami, São Paulo and Mexico City and a steady and enviable share of top deals."
- Corporate and M&A: "The enviable number of Latin American companies who turn to the firm bring it a regular flow of big-ticket deals. M&A work is where the firm's global reach comes into play."
- Project Finance & Infrastructure: "The practice has benefited from serious investment in senior talent in the past few years and developed a pre-eminent practice advising on ground-breaking, complex and innovative transactions."
- Pro Bono: "The length of time White & Case has been in Latin America has given it opportunities to further important pro bono work. Over the past few years, lawyers across the firm's offices have worked on several projects around the region."
Now in its 25th year, Latin Lawyer 250 draws on decades of local market knowledge and research by its editorial and research teams.