- +44 20 7532 1219
- +44 7734 001748 (mobile)
- +33 6 98 25 67 04 (mobile)
Adrien Dumoulin-Smith is an associate in the Firm's Capital Markets Group in Paris.
He joined the Firm in 2017 and, prior to relocating to Paris, had practiced for 4 years in the Firm's Capital Markets Group in London.
His practice involves representing investment banks and companies on a range of cross-border capital markets transactions, including SEC-registered public offerings, Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings and other public and private financings. He is also a trusted advisor to companies on ongoing disclosure obligations and compliance requirements under US securities laws.
He has developed long-term relationships with a number of his clients – including Newmont Corporation, Deutsche Bank, Yapı Kredi Bank, Hepsiburada and the Forvia Group.
Advised Faurecia SE (FORVIA), one of the world's largest automotive equipment suppliers, based in France, on its inaugural sustainability-linked high yield bond issuance of €1.2 billion in 2021 and subsequent issuance of €700 million of sustainability-linked high yield bonds in 2022, pursuant to Regulation S.
Advised Newmont Corporation on several SEC-registered debt transactions, including Newmont's inaugural sustainability-linked bond offering of US$1 billion in 2021, its offerings of US$1 billion of senior notes and US$700 million of senior notes in 2020 and 2019, respectively, and its A/B exchange offer of approximately US$1.7 billion in debt pursuant to a registration rights agreement in 2019.
Advise Yapı ve Kredi Bankası A.Ş. ("Yapı Kredi") on the maintenance of its Global Medium Term Note Programme, listed on Euronext Dublin, since 2019, and advised Yapı Kredi on its offering of U.S.$500,000,000 Fixed Rate Resettable Tier 2 Notes in 2021 pursuant to Regulation S and Rule 144A.
Advised the finance vehicle of Scenic Group, a leader in luxury cruises and tours, with its private placement of senior secured notes by way of a private placement.
Advised the finance vehicle of WOM S.A., a Chilean mobile telecommunications provider, in its offering of US$450 in high yield notes pursuant to Regulation S and Rule 144A.
Advised Encore Capital Group, Inc., an international specialty finance company listed on Nasdaq, on its offerings of £250 million and £300 million in high yield notes pursuant to Regulation S and Rule 144A.
Advised the underwriters in the offering of €750 million in green bonds and €300 million in notes by the finance vehicle of Digital Realty Trust, Inc., a real estate investment trust listed on the NYSE.Advised as the joint global coordinators on the offering of €600 million of high-yield notes by Novafives S.A.S., a leading global engineering services company based in France, pursuant to Regulation S and Rule 144A.
Advised the joint global coordinators on the update of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's 144A/Reg S Global Medium Term Note Programme and Trust Certificate Issuance Programme, and on the issuance of US$2 billion Trust Certificates due 2029 thereunder.
M&A Transactions (involving newly issued equity)
Advised Newmont Corporation (NYSE:NEM), a NYSE-listed Fortune 500 gold producer, in its acquisition of Goldcorp (NYSE: GG) in a stock-for-stock transaction valuing Goldcorp's equity at approximately US$10 billion.
Public Equity Offerings
Advised D-MARKET Elektronik Hizmetler ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi (d/b/a "Hepsiburada"), hailed as the first Turkish company to list on Nasdaq, on its US$780 million initial public offering ("IPO") (including green-shoe) on Nasdaq in an SEC-registered transaction, as well as its continuing disclosure obligations in the United States as a publicly listed company.
Advised underwriters in the IPO of Head Hunter Group PLC, a leading online recruitment platform in Russia, on Nasdaq, in an SEC-registered transaction.
Advised Qatar Petroleum and Qatar Aluminium Manufacturing Company ("QAMCO"), in connection with the initial public offering of QAMCO on the Qatar Exchange, pursuant to Regulation S.
Advised an underwriters' syndicate in the secondary public offering by ASELSAN, a leading Turkish high-technology defense and security company, and a leading R&D house, on the Borsa Istanbul ("BIST"), pursuant to Regulation S and Rule 144A.
Advised Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, as depositary, in connection with various transactions involving American depositary shares and Global depositary shares, including in connection with, among others:
- Lepu Medical Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd., listing on the SIX Swiss Exchange;
- Connect Biopharma Holdings Ltd., SEC-registered at-the-market offering;
- DiDi Global Inc., IPO on the New York Stock Exchange;
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group Inc., corporate actions, including share split and second listing in Hong Kong;
- Li Auto, issuance of convertible bonds;
- Lion Group Holding Ltd., special purpose acquisition company merger and related private equity transactions;
- China Distance Education holdings Ltd., privatization;
- AstraZeneca PLC, transfer of program to new depositary;
- NIO Inc., IPO on the New York Stock Exchange and subsequent SEC-registered at-the-market offering;
- CooTek (Cayman) Inc., IPO on the New York Stock Exchange;
- Bilibili Inc., US$483 million IPO on Nasdaq Global Select Market and subsequent follow-on and issuance of convertible bonds;
- OneSmart International Education Group Limited, IPO on the New York Stock Exchange;
- Jianpu Technology, IPO on the New York Stock Exchange; and
- Four Seasons Education (Cayman) Inc., IPO on the New York Stock Exchange.
Private Equity Offerings
Advised placement agents, including Jefferies International, Guggenheim Securities, H. C. Wainwright, Oddo BHF, Baader Bank, Arctic Securities and Bryan Garnier & Co, in private placements of ordinary shares for several publicly listed European biotech/life sciences companies, including:
- Nicox SA, listed on Euronext Paris;
- Acacia Pharma, listed on Euronext Brussels;
- Valneva SE, listed on Euronext Paris and the Vienna Stock Exchange;
- Medigene AG, listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange; and
- BerGenBio ASA, listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Melissa Butler, Paul Gallup and Adrien Dumoulin-Smith, The IMF in sub-Saharan Africa, White & Case’s 'Africa Focus: Spring 2018'.