Adrien Dumoulin-Smith is an associate in the Firm's Capital Markets Group in London. His practice involves representing investment banks and companies on a range of cross-border capital markets transactions, including SEC-registered public offerings, Rule 144A/Reg S offerings and other public and private financings. Adrien also counsels clients on ongoing disclosure obligations and compliance requirements under US securities laws.
Counsel to Newmont Corporation (NYSE:NEM), a NYSE-listed Fortune 500 gold producer with operations around the world, in its acquisition of Goldcorp (NYSE: GG) in a stock-for-stock transaction valuing Goldcorp's equity at approximately US$10 billion and in connection with its US$1.3 billion public offering of common stock.
Advised Newmont Corporation on several SEC-registered debt transactions, including Newmont’s A/B exchange offer of approximately US$1.7 billion in debt pursuant to a registration rights agreement and its offerings of US$700 million and US$1 billion of senior notes.
Advised Yapı ve Kredi Bankası A.Ş. on the update of Yapı Kredi’s 144A/Reg S Global Medium Term Note Programme.
Represented J.P. Morgan and BNP Paribas as Joint Global Coordinators on the offering of €600 million of high-yield notes by Novafives S.A.S., a leading global engineering services company based in France.
Advised a group of banks on the update of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's 144A/Reg S Global Medium Term Note Programme and Trust Certificate Issuance Programme, and on the issuance of US$2 billion Trust Certificates due 2029 thereunder.
Public Equity Offerings
Advised Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, VTB Capital, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, and Sberbank in connection with the initial public offering of Head Hunter Group PLC, a leading online recruitment platform in Russia and the CIS, on Nasdaq.
Represented Qatar Petroleum and Qatar Aluminium Manufacturing Company (“QAMCO”), in connection with the initial public offering of QAMCO on the Qatar Exchange.
Advised an underwriters' syndicate in the secondary public offering by ASELSAN, a leading Turkish high-technology defense and security company, and a leading R&D house.
Counsel to Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, as depositary, in connection with implementation of American Depositary Shares programs for US offerings, including in connection with:
- AstraZeneca PLC, transfer of program to new depositary;
- NIO Inc., US$1 billion initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange;
- CooTek (Cayman) Inc., US$50 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange;
- Bilibili Inc., US$483 million initial public offering on the Nasdaq Global Select Market;
- OneSmart International Education Group Limited, US$179.3 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange;
- Jianpu Technology, US$180 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange; and
- Four Seasons Education (Cayman) Inc., US$101 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange.
Private Equity Offerings
Advised placement agents, including Guggenheim Securities, H. C. Wainwright, Oddo BHF, Baader Bank, Arctic Securities and Bryan Garnier & Co, in private placements of ordinary shares for several publicly listed European biotech/life sciences companies, including:
- Valneva SE, listed on the Euronext Paris and the Vienna Stock Exchange;
- Medigene AG, listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange; and
- BerGenBio ASA, listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Bank Finance and Real Estate Finance
Acting for a major Middle Eastern Bank in respect of hotel development financings.