Carlos A. Moran
Carlos is an associate in White & Case's Houston office. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investments and project financing transactions in the energy and infrastructure sectors in the US and Latin America. Prior to joining White & Case, Carlos worked for top law firms in Houston, Mexico City and London.
- Representation of Tigo Energy, Inc., a leading provider of intelligent solar and energy storage solutions on its reverse triangular merger with Roth CH Acquisition IV Co. (NASDAQ: ROCG) based on a $600 million pre-money equity value.
- Representation of Exxon Mobil Corp. in its US$1.15 billion sale of its Stanoprene TPV Elastomer business, a manufacturer of rubbers used in the automotive, consumer and construction sectors, to Celanese Corp. The assets sold include two manufacturing facilities in Pensacola, Florida, and Newport, Wales, along with intellectual property and other commercial assets. Additionally, all the Santoprene customer and supplier contracts and agreements will be transferred to Celanese.
- Representation of Helix Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: HLXA), a SPAC, in its US$230 million business combination with MoonLake Immunotherapeutics AG, a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on creating next-level therapies for inflammatory skin and joint diseases.
- Representation of CVC Capital Partners in its acquisition, with minority co-investor Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), of a majority stake in the international agencies of BlueFocus Intelligent Communications Group Co., Ltd., a leading publicly traded Chinese marketing services conglomerate.
Carlos' representative experience prior to joining White & Case includes:
- Representation of an ESG-focused SPAC, on a US$2.9 billion transaction that will lead to a developer of lower-impact battery metals from unattached seafloor polymetallic nodules, becoming publicly listed.
- Representation of a leading global alternative asset manager, in its US$260 million equity investment in a Canadian based company that engages in the energy distribution and specialty chemicals business in the US, Canada and Chile.
- Representation of a private equity firm in its acquisition of a 50 percent stake in a developer, owner and operator of thermal power generation, solar and hydropower assets in Chile, Colombia and Panama.
- Representation of the lenders on a US$1.075 billion financing for the development of the 1,875 megawatt natural-gas-fueled power generation facility in the US.
- Representation of an NYSE-listed independent oil and gas company in its proposed acquisition of US$2 billion oil and gas assets in the Southern Casanare region in Colombia from a TSX-listed oil and gas company.
"Fireside chat with Mexican Energy Regulatory Commissioner Guillermo Zúñiga," American Conference Institute’s 14th National Forum on Energy Trading, Houston, 2018
"Mexico Energy Reform: Prospects and Challenges," Women’s Energy Network Annual Conference, Houston, 2017.
"Key Environmental and Maritime Issues in Offshore Oil & Gas Projects," 4th IEL-ANADE Conference, Mexico City, 2016.
"Liberalization of the Mexican fuel market," ONEXPO, Mexico City, 2016.
Co-author, "Developments in the North American Energy Sector," 2015–2018 editions, The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Oil & Gas Regulation.
Co-author, "Mexican Oil and Gas Reform: Getting It Right This Time," May 2014, ABA Energy Litigation E-Newsletter.
Author, Believe it or not: Mexico finally opens up its oil industry, February 2014, The Energy Law Advisor.
Author, "The legal treatment of vessels and offshore installations under the Mexican foreign investment and navigation frameworks," May 2013, IBA's Maritime and Transport Law Newsletter.
Co-author, "The future of renewable energy in Mexico," October 2012, Global Energy Review.
Chambers and Partners' 2015 New Faces in Latin America.
Chambers and Partners' 2014 Latin America Energy & Natural Resources (Mexico).