Chris is an Associate in our Corporate M&A and Private Equity Practice in Dubai. He has experience advising international and local private equity firms, financial institutions, corporations and alternative capital providers on a range of domestic and cross-border transactions including acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures and other corporate matters.
Representative experience includes:
Commodities, Energy and Logistics
- Representation of the Public Investment Fund of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's on its c. US$500 million investment in Skyborn Renewables and Bluepoint Wind, two offshore wind developers and operators with operating and under-construction projects across Europe, the US and Asia.
- Representation of DP World, the global ports operator, on its US$1.2 billion acquisition of syncreon, a US-based logistics provider.
- Representation of Kalyon İnşaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş., a Turkish conglomerate with major interests in construction and renewable energy, on the establishment of a joint venture via the sale of its shares representing 50% of the share capital of Kalyon Enerji Yatırımları A.Ş. to International Holding Company PJSC (via International Energy Holding LLC), the UAE's most valuable listed company.
Oil and Gas
- Representation of the Industrialization and Energy Services Company (TAQA) in relation to its 100% acquisition of Al Mansoori Petroleum Services LLC for c. US$1 billion.
- Representation of the Industrialization and Energy Services Company (TAQA) in relation to its US$415m acquisition, through its 51%-held joint venture company, Arabian Drilling Company, of drilling rigs and related assets from Schlumberger in Kuwait, Oman, Iraq and Pakistan.
Telecommunications, Media and Technology
- Representation of Goldman Sachs and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on their investment in DgPays, a Turkish digital payments business.
- Representation of Antin Infrastructure Partners and Goldman Sachs' West Street Infrastructure Partners on their GBP 538 million offer to acquire CityFibre Infrastructure Holdings plc by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Representation of the selling shareholders in the listing and sale of their shares as part of the initial public offering of IHS Holding.
- Representation of Etisalat on its acquisition of Help AG, a leading provider of cybersecurity services in the UAE.
- Representation of Summit Partners and other shareholders on their sale of the entire share capital of Advance Medical Health-Care for US$340 million to Teladoc, Inc.
- Representation of Mediclinic Middle East (one of the UAE's leading private hospital groups and a subsidiary of Mediclinic International plc) on its acquisition of Ayadi Home Health Care LLC and Aman Home For Health Medical Care, providers of home healthcare services to patients in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.
- Representation of ACDC Fund, whose two limited partners are Orascom TMT Investments and Accelero Capital, on the sale of SUPERNAP International, a data centre developer joint venture with Switch, to IPI Partners, a technology-related real estate fund co-sponsored by ICONIQ Capital, LLC and an affiliate of Iron Point Partners, LLC.
- Representation of GFH Financial Group on the acquisition of Roebuck AM LLP, a UK-based real estate asset management company with £1.44 billion AUM since inception.
- Representation of CI Capital Holding S.A.E, one of Egypt's leading financial services groups, on its indirect acquisition of the majority of shares in Al Nahda University in Egypt, from Thebes Educational Management Holding B.V., a holding company controlled by the Abraaj Group.
- Representation of two JV partners, Naturepak Limited and Evergreen Packaging International LLC, in the sale of their Saudi JV and its Moroccan subsidiary, to Elopak ASA, a leading global supplier of carton packaging listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.