Daniel Nussen is a partner in White & Case's Capital Markets practice in Los Angeles. Daniel has extensive experience representing special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) sponsors, investors and underwriters in initial public offerings (IPOs) and business combinations (deSPACs), including leading over 60 SPAC IPOs in the last six years with sponsor teams from across the globe and a wide variety of industries.
Daniel regularly advises clients on the legal and regulatory issues in SPAC IPOs and business combinations, and has developed a deep knowledge of, and published articles on, the business issues, marketing strategies and related industry and sector- specific considerations for the success of SPACs.
Daniel previously spent three years in the in-house legal department of a major financial institution.
SPAC Initial Public Offerings
- Represented Screaming Eagle Acquisition Corp. in its $750 million initial public offering.
- Represented LAMF Global Ventures Corp. I in its $253 million initial public offering.
- Represented Soaring Eagle Acquisition Corp. in its $1.725 billion initial public offering.
- Represented Citigroup, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs and BofA Securities and in the $1.38 billion initial public offering of Churchill Capital Corp VII.
- Represented Deutsche Bank, Barclays and Credit Suisse in the $690 million initial public offering of Apollo Strategic Growth Capital II.
SPAC Business Combinations
- Represented Flexjet in its US$3 billion business combination with Horizon Acquisition Corporation II.
- Represented Athena Consumer Acquisition Corp. in its $913 million business combination with Next.e.GO Mobile SE.
- Represented Colonnade Acquisition Corp. II in its business combination with Plastiq.
- Represented Zanite Acquisition Corp. in its $2.4 billion business combination with Eve.
- Represented Colonnade Acquisition Corp. in its $1.57 billion business combination with Ouster, Inc.
- Represented Apollomics Inc. in its $899 million business combination with Maxpro Capital Acquisition Corp.
"Private Equity Funds Drive Transformation of SPACs," Bloomberg Law, March 2018
"SPACs: Overview," Practical Law, Practice Note, December 2015