Daniel Yeh is White & Case's Global Co-Head of Private Equity.
Daniel regularly advises global and Asia-based private equity sponsors and other financial investors in connection with their transactions across jurisdictions in Asia, the U.S. and globally. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, including public and private acquisitions and divestitures, leveraged buyouts, going private transactions, tender offers, PIPE transactions, preferred equity investments and joint ventures. Daniel also advises clients on a variety of corporate and securities law matters.
His experience includes representing:
- a US-based global private equity firm in its carve-out acquisition and consolidation of a leading consumer product business in China.
- a US-based global private equity firm in its US$2.6 billion sale of an entertainment chain and franchise to a Chinese conglomerate.
- an Asia-based global private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a stake in one of South Korea’s largest insurance companies. This deal was the second largest private equity backed deal in Asia (ex-Japan) in 2012.
- a listed US-based provider of products and services for the healthcare industry, in the carve-out divestiture of its clinical and medical products business.
- a US-based global private equity firm in its $175 million acquisition through a PIPE transaction of a more than 10% stake in a HKSE-listed investment company in the agri-food sector.
- a US-based and NYSE-listed global media conglomerate in its US$1.8 billion acquisition of a NASDAQ-listed leading online media platform by tender offer.
- an Asia-based sovereign wealth fund in connection with its PIPE investment in a China-based healthcare services provider.
- a leading Chinese alternative asset manager in connection with its acquisition of a global language education business headquartered in England together with an Asia-based global private equity firm.
- an Asia-based private equity firm in its:
- joint venture with a global entertainment and sports agency; and
- going private acquisition of a NASDAQ-listed advertising agency group in China that offers integrated advertising services with a particular focus on television and the internet.
- a global financial and industrial conglomerate in its US$30 billion sale of a US-based media company with a portfolio of television networks, stations and production operators, motion picture business and theme parks.
- a NASDAQ-listed life sciences company in its acquisition of a NASDAQ-listed company involved in genetic analysis technologies.
- an infrastructure investment group in its US$1.4 billion acquisition of a leading U.S. wireless tower operator.
- a leading Asia-focused secondaries private equity platform in its:
- acquisition of a global legal, document, business and research outsourcing firm; and
- going private acquisition of a NYSE-listed owner, developer and operator of hydroelectric power projects in China.
- a US-based global private equity firm in its acquisition by tender offer of a company focusing on business process outsourcing solutions, dual-listed in both the U.S. and the Philippines.
- The Special Transactions Committee of the Board of Directors of a US-based global hospitality and entertainment company, in the planned going private sale of an urban complex in Las Vegas with luxury resorts and casinos, residential towers and malls.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of a NYSE-listed leading provider of personalized tutoring services for primary and secondary school students in China, in connection with its proposed acquisition by a Shenzhen-listed company engaged in the provision of educational services in China.