Eduardo Dachary

Counsel, Madrid



Eduardo Dachary is a counsel in the Firm's Global M&A / Corporate Group in Madrid*.

His practice focuses on cross-border and domestic M&A and private equity transactions, joint ventures and the development of projects (including the negotiation of all kinds of project contracts) in the infrastructure, energy and natural resources sectors (especially renewables).

Eduardo has over 12 years of experience, including a secondment to Morgan Stanley in Madrid in 2013 and to the independent power producer X-Elio in 2017.

Bars and Courts
Madrid Bar
Universidad de Navarra


Representative matters include advising:

  • Acek Energias Renovables and Clear Wind Eólica on the sale of 80% (and the subsequent sale of the remaining 20%) of Elawan Energy, one of the largest Spain-based renewables platform with presence in 13 jurisdictions, to Orix Corporation*
  • CAF, a Spain-based listed manufacturer of rolling stock, on the acquisition of the Reichshoffen production site in France and the Coradia Polyvalent and TALENT3 train platforms in Germany from Alstom*
  • Renewable Power Capital (CPPIB)
    • on the incorporation of a joint venture with Taiga Mistral for the development of onshore wind projects in Poland*
    • on an investment agreement and a development agreement with a Spanish local developer of onshore wind projects in Castilla y Le6n (Spain)*
    • on the acquisition of a portfolio of 270 MW of PV plants in Castilla y León (Spain)*
  • Acciona and Plug Power on their joint venture to establish a leading green hydrogen platform for the Iberian Peninsula. The platform will develop, operate, and maintain green hydrogen projects, and also will provide storage, transportation, and delivery services to its customers, initially targeting the industrial and the mobility business segments*
  • AGR-AM (Ardian) on an investment and shareholders’ agreement with a local developer of wind projects located in Castilla y León (Spain)*
  • a Spanish utility
    • on the drafting, review and eventual negotiation of a green hydrogen purchase agreement (HPA), as well as other associated documents such as the land occupation agreement, PPA, power supply agreements, in relation to a green hydrogen plant to be located nearby the fertilizers factory of Fertiberia located in Puertollano, Ciudad Real (Spain)*
    • on its proposed investment in and development of a portfolio of offshore wind assets in the Philippines*
    • on its JV with BP towards the origination, development, construction and operation of green hydrogen projects*
  • Statkraft on the drafting and negotiation of several PPAs and hedging agreements for renewable projects in Spain vis-à-vis different counterparties*
  • BP on the drafting and negotiation of several PPAs in Spain vis-à-vis different counterparties*
  • Cerberus Capital Management*
    • on the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of Renovalia Energy*
    • on the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of four Spanish wind farms*
    • on the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of two wind farms located in Catalonia, Spain*
    • on the acquisition of Prudential's Spanish photovoltaic portfolio (Infracapital Partners)*
    • on the on-going advice in all kind of legal matters relating to project agreements and projects' post-acquisition issues*

*Experience prior to joining White & Case


Co-author of an article on "the governance of unlisted companies approaching insolvency" published by Tirant Lo Blanch, June 2022

Co-author of an article relating to power purchase agreements (PPAs) titled "Contratos de compraventa de energía o contratos de cobertura del precio de la electricidad en el mercado eléctrico español. Algunas consideraciones" published by the journal Cuadernos de Energía nº 57, December 2018

Co-author of the article "Spanish Renewables Bounce Back", published by the journal Project Finance International - EMEA Report September 2017, Thomson Reuters