Irina is an associate in the Firm's Hong Kong Corporate M&A practice and focuses primarily on private equity transactions. Irina was seconded as Legal Counsel to The Carlyle Group in Hong Kong for 9 months in 2019.
The Carlyle Group, on its:
- acquisition of a US$490 million strategic 20% stake in Piramal Pharma, the pharmaceutical division of Piramal Enterprises Limited, one of India's leading diversified companies, with a presence in financial services, information management and pharmaceuticals.
- US$200 million strategic investment and partnership between Carlyle Asia Partners V and KB Financial Group, Korea’s largest bank.
- acquisition of a majority stake in SeQuent Scientific Limited, the largest pure-play animal healthcare company in India.
Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of a 95% interest in Swancor Renewable Energy Co. Ltd, including its 25% interest in the Formosa 2 offshore wind farm project in Taiwan. This deal was recognized as "Renewables Deal of the Year, Asia-Pacific" at the 2019 Infrastructure Investor Awards.
A consortium led by CITIC Capital Partners and Caixin Global on the financing for their US$180.5 million acquisition of Euromoney's Global Markets Intelligence Division (GMID).
Lightsource, the global market leader in the development and management of large scale solar projects, and its founders on the launch of the "Lightsource BP" solar power partnership with BP which involved a US$200 million investment by BP.
Rhône Capital LLC on its US$150 million preferred equity investment in VistaJet, a global aviation company.
Avast Group, a Czech multinational cybersecurity software company headquartered in Prague, on the acquisition of the Piriform Group Limited (creator of PC performance utility software products known primarily under the brand name CCleaner) and the FileHippo.com business from the founder sellers.
Summit Partners on its sale of leading Italian dental clinic DentalPro to international private equity firm BC Partners.
Bridgepoint, on its:
- £750 million acquisition of Zenith, the UK's largest independent vehicle leasing business, from HgCapital.
- acquisition of Leeds-based Contract Vehicles Holdings Limited Group, provider of commercial vehicle contract hire and fleet management solutions specialising in the HGV market.
Smithfield Group on the CAN$1.13 billion sale of Innovia Group, the global leader in high-tech products for packaging and banknotes, to CCL Industries.