Jeff Gilson is an associate in the Firm's Global M&A Practice Group. He is based in the Chicago office. Jeff focuses his practice on advising public companies, private equity funds and their portfolio companies on the structuring and negotiation of complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures of both public and private companies, corporate restructurings, employment and equity agreements, as well as their general corporate governance needs.
Jeff's transactional experience spans a variety of industries, including technology, health care, gaming, food, communications, manufacturing, recycling, business information, consulting and insurance.
Representative matters include the representation of:
- Victory Park Capital, a leading private equity firm focused on emerging and established businesses across various industries in the U.S. and abroad, in numerous transactions.
- Monroe Capital, a private credit asset management firm specializing in direct lending and opportunistic private credit investing, in multiple transactions.
- dMY Technology Group Inc., a special purpose acquisition company, in its US$1.8 billion business combination with Rush Street Interactive LP, an online sports-betting and casino company.
- Forum Merger II Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its US$482 million business combination with Ittella International, a plant-based food company.
- I Squared Capital Advisors in numerous transactions, including the merger of its portfolio company, American Intermodal Management (AIM), with Flexi-Van Leasing, the third-largest marine chassis provider in the US.
- Entrepreneurial Equity Partners in the acquisition of Grecian Delight Foods, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of Greek and Mediterranean inspired cuisine.
Representative matters prior to joining White & Case include the representation of:
- Centene Corporation (NYSE:CNC) in its acquisition of a third party administrator of health benefit plans.
- Cision, Ltd. in a series of transactions, including:
- The acquisition of social media company Falcon.io.
- The acquisition of global research organization PRIME Research.
- The consummation of multiple secondary offerings.
- The US$2.4 billion merger with Capitol Acquisition Corp. III, a special purpose acquisition company, and the formation of public company Cision Ltd.
- GTCR in a series of transactions, including:
- The US$800 million sale of Greatcall, Inc. to Best Buy Co., Inc.
- The US$841 million acquisition of PR Newswire from UBM plc, and the divestiture of PR Newswire’s US and UK Agility business to Innodata.
- The US$150 million sale of Avention to business data and analytics company Dun & Bradstreet (NYSE:DNB).
- The strategic equity investment in Transaction Data Systems, Inc. (Rx30).
- The sale of AssuredPartners to Apax Partners.
- The US$900 million sale of Capella Healthcare to Medical Properties Trust, Inc.
- TA Associates in its acquisition of Healix, Inc.
- Platinum Equity in a series of acquisitions, including:
- The acquisition of American & Efird from KPS Capital Partners, LP.
- The acquisition of PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. from ITOCHU Corporation.
- Willis Stein & Partners in the sale of Strategic Materials, Inc. to Littlejohn & Co., LLC.
- Bain Capital Private Equity in its acquisition of Epic Health Services from Webster Capital.
- Madison Dearborn Partners in its strategic growth commitment of US$100 million to Ankura Consulting Group, and subsequent strategic combination with ARPC.
- Harren Equity Partners in its acquisition of Circa Corp of America.
- National Industrial Coatings in its acquisition by a private investment group.
- Blue Point Capital Partners, L.P. in its acquisition of Handi Quilter.