‘Jonah Anderson is tactically astute, pragmatic and forward thinking’
‘Jonah Anderson is applauded as an “exceptionally bright” lawyer, who is “thorough, diligent and able to assess matters through the eyes of the client”.’
Jonah Anderson is a partner in our White Collar practice and co-heads the London White Collar team.
Jonah advises on sensitive financial crime issues and helps clients navigate the criminal and regulatory landscape, with a focus on bribery and corruption, fraud, tax evasion and anti-money laundering law and regulation.
Jonah is often called on to conduct internal investigations both within the UK and overseas. He advises corporates and individuals on financial crime investigations and prosecutions by the UK authorities, including the Serious Fraud Office, HM Revenue & Customs, the National Crime Agency, the Financial Conduct Authority and the police.
Jonah is a frequent speaker and commentator on transnational money laundering issues and has been quoted in the Economist, the Financial Times and the Times, amongst other publications. Jonah authored the UK chapters in Lexology GTDT: Anti-Money Laundering 2021 and the International Comparative Legal Guide to Anti-Money Laundering 2021.
- Advising regulated financial firms regarding internal investigations in relation to failures in systems and controls regarding money laundering.
- Advising a financial institution regarding a criminal investigation into customers and associated money laundering reporting obligations and injunctive proceedings.
- Investigating and reporting on the source of wealth of corporates and high-net-worth individuals.
- Advising an SPV regarding an internal investigation into allegations of fraud and corruption in relation to an LNG to power project.
- Advising a corporate regarding an internal investigation, a self-report to the Serious Fraud Office and the deferred prosecution agreement process.
- Advising a global tech company regarding an internal investigation into allegations of fraud and corruption in relation to a business critical infrastructure project.
- Advising senior executives under investigation regarding allegations of bribery, fraud, accounting irregularities and/or money laundering.
- Advising individuals under investigation by the Financial Conduct Authority, the U.S. Department of Justice and other agencies in relation to trading activity.
- Advising corporates and individuals regarding investigations by HM Revenue & Customs into allegations of tax fraud, sanctions busting and money laundering.