Jonah Anderson is a partner in our White Collar practice.
Jonah advises on sensitive financial crime issues and helps clients navigate the criminal and regulatory landscape, with a focus on bribery and corruption, fraud, tax evasion and anti-money laundering law and regulation. The Legal 500 directory notes that Jonah "is recommended for his expertise with anti-money laundering systems and controls."
Jonah is often called on to conduct internal investigations both within the UK and overseas. He advises corporates and individuals on financial crime investigations and prosecutions by the UK authorities, including the Serious Fraud Office, HM Revenue & Customs, the National Crime Agency, the Financial Conduct Authority and the police.
- Advising a financial institution regarding a multi-jurisdictional internal investigation in relation to failures in systems and controls regarding money laundering.
- Representing a company suspected by the police and overseas law enforcement of being a vehicle for money laundering beneficially owned by a politically exposed person.
- Advising a financial institution regarding a criminal investigation into customers and associated money laundering reporting obligations and injunctive proceedings.
- Advising a corporate regarding an internal investigation, a self-report to the Serious Fraud Office and the deferred prosecution agreement process.
- Advising a corporate regarding an internal investigation into allegations of fraud and corruption in relation to a business critical infrastructure project.
- Advising senior executives under investigation regarding allegations of bribery, fraud, false accounting and/or money laundering.
- Advising individuals under investigation by the Financial Conduct Authority, the U.S. Department of Justice and other agencies in relation to trading activity.
- Advising corporates and individuals regarding investigations by HM Revenue & Customs into allegations of tax fraud, sanctions busting and money laundering.