Joshua is a local partner in our Project Development and Finance group, based in Doha.
Joshua advises on projects and transactions in the energy, oil and gas, water, wastewater and infrastructure sectors. He has acted on matters for procurers, government entities, sponsors, lenders and financial institutions.
Prior to joining White & Case, Joshua worked at a Magic Circle firm, based in their Abu Dhabi office.
Energy, Oil & Gas
- Lead associate on the White & Case team representing Saudi Aramco on the divestment, development and operation of the US$12 billion, largest Integrated Gasification and Combined Cycle (IGCC) project in the world, located in Jazan, Saudi Arabia. This deal was recognised as "Global Deal of the Year" by Project Finance International 2021.
- Lead associate advising Saudi Aramco in connection with the procurement, financing and development of the Amiral cogeneration plant.
- Advising Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (TAQA) in connection with its commercial project contracts.
- Acting for Emirates Water and Electricity Company (EWEC) in connection with various project and commercial matters including re-negotiation of existing supply contracts.
- Advising Masdar in connection with its bid to develop a 300MW solar plus storage project in Israel.
- Ongoing representation of a UAE-based developer on its acquisition of 5 brownfield renewable-energy projects (solar and wind) in Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan.
- Advising a developer on its co-investment / joint venture with an international power and water developer for a wind-power project in Azerbaijan.
- Representing Valorem, an international green-energy developer, in connection with its development of wind-power projects in Finland and related commercial agreements.
- Representation of Masdar on the project financing and development of 30MW/60 MWh electrical energy-storage project in Jordan.*
- Representation of International Finance Corporation in connection with the scaling solar programme.*
- Acting for an energy developer on the acquisition of 9 brownfield power projects in countries across Africa.*
- Acting for Alcazar Energy in connection with the proposed acquisition of a wind power project in Jordan.*
- Representation of an energy developer on the project financing and development of 30MW/60 MWh electrical energy-storage project in Jordan.*
- Acting for Enel Green Power in connection with the project development and financing of the 240 MW Dumat Al Jandal wind energy IPP in Saudi Arabia.*
- Advising Sumitomo Corporation on the development and financing of the Hamriyah IPP in Sharjah, UAE.*
- Representation of Sumitomo Corporation in connection with the bid to develop Az-Zour North 2 IWPP in Kuwait.*
- Representing the developer of a CCGT IPP in Yerevan, Armenia.*
- Representation of the lenders to ACWA Power in relation to ACWA Power's development and financing of the 700 MW DEWA IV Solar (CSP) IPP in Dubai, UAE.*
- Representation of the lenders to a consortium bidding to develop and financing of the Sweihan Solar PV IPP in Abu Dhabi, UAE.*
Water and Wastewater
- Representation of the Mitsui and Miahona consortium on its bid to develop the Dammam and Jeddah Airport 2 ISTPs in Saudi Arabia.*
Infrastructure and Construction
- Ongoing representation of the lenders to a consortium bidding to develop Phase II of the Abu Dhabi Roads Lighting PPP in the UAE.
- Representation of a UAE-based investment house in connection with its bid to acquire district cooling plants and related infrastructure from Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC).
- Acting for the procurer in connection with a managed equipment services and hospital accommodation PPP in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising Modon on the development of template construction contracts and tendering package.*
- Representation of KAPP in connection with the procurement of the South Al-Jahra labour city PPP in Kuwait.*
*Experience gained prior to joining White & Case.