Lulama Selele is a Local Partner in Firm's Global Debt Finance practice. She has experience working on strategic projects across the African region and other emerging markets in various sectors including, manufacturing, infrastructure and financial services.
Lulama recently concluded an 18-month secondment to the IFC where she worked in the CLED team and helped execute debt and equity funded projects in various jurisdictions.
- Representation of International Finance Corporation in a US$200 million green bond placed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Representation of International Finance Corporation in a US$225 million loan to FirstRand Bank to finance green projects of its clients and to support climate-friendly infrastructure, agriculture and manufacturing initiatives.
- Representation of International Finance Corporation in a US$200 million loan to Nedbank Group to help expand its green finance operations.
- Representation of the mandated lead arrangers in relation to a US$500 million World Bank guaranteed trade finance facility.
- Representation of a syndicate of banks (international and local banks) on a ZAR20bn loan facility provided to Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd and guaranteed by the South African Government.
- Representation of The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited on a share covered loan facility and an equity loan facility in the aggregate amount of ZAR336 million for Dipula BEE Trust Holdings Proprietary Limited.
- Representation of the International Finance Corporation (IFC), French Development Agency subsidiary Proparco, DEG, the German Development Finance Institution, and the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) on an aggregate of €600 million in loans to be advanced to Aspen Finance Proprietary Limited, a member of the global pharmaceutical group, Aspen Pharmacare.
- Representation of The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited in the financing of a fuel storage terminal in South Africa.
- Representation of Emerging Africa Infrastructure Fund and African Development Bank in the financing of a 40,000 m3/day bulk water production facility in Rwanda.
- Representation of Africa Finance Corporation and the Pan African Infrastructure Development Fund, on the establishment of an infrastructure fund managed by Harith General Partners with assets capable of generating 1,575 megawatts of electricity in several African countries.
- Representation of an LC bank in relation to the World Bank PRG documents in a project involving the development, construction and operation of a new heavy fuel oil fired electric power plant with a contracted capacity of 56MW in Sierra Leone.
- Representation of a European energy utility in respect of a due diligence process in respect of an 80MW wind farm and two 140MW wind farms being developed for participation in South Africa's Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Programme.
- Representation of Barclays Africa Group Limited in respect of a senior term facility with the Export Credit Insurance Corporation of South Africa cover for a project finance transaction in Lesotho for the development of a diamond mine.
- Representation of a group of Lenders in the financing of the 32.7MW Wesley wind project.
- Representation of a group of Lenders in the financing of the 102MW Copperton wind project.
- Representation of Sefateng Chrome Mine Proprietary Limited on a ZAR600 million in respect of its chrome mine.
- Representation of Absa Bank Limited on the financing of a diamond mine in Lesotho which is owned by an indirect subsidiary of Firestone Diamonds PLC. The facility was covered by an insurance policy issued by the ECIC, a South African ECA.
- Representation of Pan African Infrastructure Development Fund and Pan African Infrastructure Development Fund 2 SA in their negotiation of equity investment policies issued by the Export Credit Insurance Corporation of South Africa SOC LTD (ECIC) in relation to their investment and participation in Anergi Holdings Limited.