Magda Olyšarová works as a counsel in the Prague office, with her primary focus being on competition law, regulatory matters and dispute resolution. Her experience includes advising clients on merger filings with EU and national competition authorities, as well as proceedings before the Czech competition authority, European Commission and all levels of courts in such areas as cartel investigations, State aid and the abuse of a dominant position. She also advises on public procurement, regulatory matters and commercial litigation. Magda's industry experience includes transport, aviation, media, telecommunications and financial services.
Prior to joining White & Case in September 2006, Magda also served as an intern with DG Competition of the European Commission.
- Representing PPF Group in complex merger proceedings before the European Commission with respect to its USD 2.1 billion acquisition of Central Europe Media Enterprises Ltd. (CME), operating television stations in Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
- Representing PPF Group on its EUR 2.8 billion acquisition of Telenor’s telecommunications assets in Central & Eastern Europe. The transaction, which gave PPF full control over Telenor’s mobile operators in the region, was subject to the relevant merger control and regulatory approvals (by the European Commission, as well as in Serbia and Montenegro).
- Advising owners of ČGS Holding, the Czech-based rubber conglomerate with leading positions in agricultural and specialty tires, as well as engineered polymer solutions, on the EUR 1.16 billion acquisition thereof by Swedish industrial giant Trelleborg, including advising on complex merger proceedings before the European Commission.
- Advising major content producer and distributor Lagardere Active CR in relation to its decision to set up a joint sales house with Media Bohemia, including representation of both JV parent companies in Phase II merger proceedings before the Czech Competition Office.
- Advising Český Aeroholding, a holding company with shares in selected state-owned companies engaged in air transport and related ground services at the international Vaclav Havel Airport in Prague in the Czech Republic, in connection with the acquisition of joint control of Czech Airlines, the Czech national air carrier, by Český Aeroholding and Travel Service, including representation in the referral merger proceedings before the European Commission and in certain other non-EU jurisdictions.
- Advising the Czech state-owned air carrier Czech Airlines in proceedings before the European Commission relating to the restructuring and rescue plan for the company in line with EU rules on the provision of public support to companies under restructuring.
- Representing Toshiba in complex judicial proceedings relating to cartel investigations brought by the Czech Competition Office and the European Commission concerning the GIS (gas insulated switchgear) cartel, including follow-up representation before the General Court, as well as before the Court of Justice of the EU.
- Advising Zentiva Group, a.s. in connection with GDPR implementation across 13 countries, including carrying out a gap analysis of the client’s internal processes, adjusting internal and contractual documentation of the company to GDPR standards, and providing various other recommendations in close cooperation with stakeholders from different departments, including the future Data Protection Officer.
Dispute Resolution/*Pre-litigation Advice:
- Representing HSBC Bank plc in insolvency proceedings against the Porcela Group.
- Advising the Czech Ministry of Defense in connection with a purchase agreement regarding the acquisition of military aircraft amounting to USD 150 million and the application of possible contractual penalties and damages.