Mahmoud is a local partner based in Cairo. Before joining White & Case, Mahmoud worked at an international law firm in Cairo and worked as a public prosecutor. Mahmoud is admitted to practice in Egypt and New York.
Mahmoud has a range of experience advising clients on capital market transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters. He also advises local and international clients on complex commercial and regulatory matters.
Representative experience includes:
- Advising Integrated Diagnostics Holdings plc, a Jersey company listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE), in the first technical listing on the Egyptian Exchange (EGX) and first dual listing between the LSE and EGX.
- Advising CI Capital Investment Banking, First Abu Dhabi Bank and Renaissance Capital in connection with the listing and initial public offering of Taaleem Management Services, a leading higher education company which operates Nahda University.
- Advising Accelero Capital on the sale of ACDC Holdings Sarl, the controlling shareholder of Supernap Italia, a leading data centre services provider.
- Advising CI Capital Holding in connection with the EGP 1.2 billion acquisition of a majority stake in Taaleem Management Services, a leading higher education company which controls and operates Nahda University in Egypt.
- Advising Energean Oil & Gas in connection with the US$750 million acquisition of Edison E&P.
- Advising joint global coordinators Goldman Sachs International, Barclays Bank plc, Barclays Capital Inc. and Citigroup Global Markets Limited along with eight joint bookrunners in connection with the issuance of $600 million senior secured notes due 2024 and €700 million senior secured notes due 2024 by OCI NV.
- Advising Palm Hills Developments in connection with the US$87 million rights issue. The shares of Palm Hills are listed on the Egyptian Exchange and the Global Depositary Receipts (GDRs) are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising ADES International Holding Ltd., a Dubai International Financial Centre based company, in connection with the Issuance of the $325 million senior secured Notes due 2024.
- Advising B Investments Holding in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in Gourmet Egypt, a leading grocery stores chain in Egypt.
- Advising Meeting Point in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in Royal for Investments and Touristic Development, which owns two hotels in Egypt.
- Advising ADES International Holding Ltd., leading provider of offshore and onshore oil and gas drilling and production services company in the Middle East and Africa, on its US$696 million IPO and standard listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising an Egyptian bank and international bank in connection with the sale of 100% of an insurance company.*
- Advising a leading snack food company in Egypt, in connection with its US$263 million initial public offering. The shares are listed on the Egyptian Exchange and the Global Depositary Receipts (GDRs) are listed on the London Stock Exchange.*
- Advising a Middle East investment bank in connection with the acquisition of an Egyptian corporate finance and M&A advisory firm.*
- Advising a European bank in connection with the acquisition of a stake in, a leading Egyptian company in the health care supply chain business.*
- Advising an investment management company in connection with the sale of a majority stake in their Egyptian securities brokerage firm.*
- Advising an Egyptian real estate developer of resort properties, entertainment malls and restaurants in connection with its $US200 million initial public offering and listing on the Egyptian Exchange.*
- Advising Egypt’s largest telecom operator, in connection with the US$200 million acquisition of the country’s largest internet service provider.*
*Deal experience gained whilst at another Firm.