Sara Scapin is an Italian qualified lawyer with almost 10 years of experience in the practice areas of M&A, Private Equity and Corporate.
Sara regularly assists Italian and international private equity sponsors and industrial clients on cross-border multijurisdictional deals and domestic transactions in a number of sectors - including pharmaceutical and healthcare, infrastructure and transport, retail and consumer products and services, technology. She also provides assistance and advice on a variety of matters of general corporate and commercial law.
Her practice also covers commercial contracts and golden power regulations.
Prior to joining White & Case Sara was an associate at another major Italian law firm.
- BC Partners and its portfolio company DP Group S.p.A, the holding company of DentalPro, in connection with the acquisition of Vitaldent Italia from JB Capital.
- Angelini Pharma in connection with the acquisition of Arvelle Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical group headquartered in Switzerland focused on developing innovative treatments for patients with central nervous system disorders, for up to US$960 million.
- Datalogic S.p.A and Hydra S.p.A. in connection with the proposed acquisition of 100 percent of the share capital of MD Micro Detectors S.p.A. from Finmasi di Marcello Masi S.A.p.A., company operating in the industrial automation sector, with a target value of €37 million on a debt free/ cash free basis.
- Alisarda S.p.A. in connection with the sale of Geasar S.p.A., the company that manages Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport in Sardinia, to Italy's largest independent infrastructure fund manager F2I.
- Gruppo Investimenti Portuali S.p.A. (a portfolio company of the private equity funds Infracapital and InfraVia) in connection with its merger with PSA Italy, the Italian subsidiary of the Port Authority of Singapore, which has created the largest terminal container operation managed by foreign investors in the Italian market.
- BC Partners in connection with its acquisition of a 19 percent stake of SOFIMA, the holding company that controls IMA S.p.A. for a total value of approximately €1.4 billion. White & Case also advised on the financing, capital markets and regulatory aspects of the transaction.
- Italian pharma and consumer healthcare group Angelini in connection with its worldwide acquisition, outside North America, of ThermaCare from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). The acquisition is a key transaction in relation to the creation of the GSK/Pfizer JV for Consumer Health.
- Klarna, one of the world's leading smooth shopping and payment providers, in connection with the acquisition of Moneymour S.r.l., an Italian payment company, from the founders and minority investors.
- Angelini S.p.A. in connection with a competitive auction for the sale and purchase of the assets related to the products BoxaGrippal tablets 200mg and 400mg, BoxaGrippal suspension and Heumann Teas, marketed or under registration by Sanofi S.A. in Germany and Austria.
- Cobepa, a privately-held investment company, in connection with the execution of a strategic agreement with the shareholders of Enoplastic, a leading global player in the manufacturing of closures for the wine & spirits industry.