Tali Sealman is a partner in White & Case's global Mergers & Acquisitions and corporate practice, based in Silicon Valley.
Tali's practice focuses on private and public M&A and general corporate representation of emerging technology and life science companies and venture capital investors. Tali represents strategic and financial buyers and sellers in public and private acquisitions. Tali also represents companies at all stages of their lifecycle and across a broad range of industries, including software, enterprise, security, digital health, fintech, gaming, and blockchain.
Tali is listed as a “Leading Lawyer” for M&A in the United States by Euromoney (2020).
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
Recent representations include:
- NICE Ltd. (NASDAQ: NICE), the world's leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions, in its acquisition of Guardian Analytics, a leading AI cloud-based financial crime risk management solution provider.
- OpenText Corp. (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSE: OTEX), a Canadian seller and developer of enterprise information management software and one of Canada's largest software companies, in its US$75 million acquisition of XMedius, a provider of secure information exchange and unified communication solutions with locations in the United States, Canada and Europe.
Representative matters prior to joining White & Case include:
- Zeltiq's $2.4 billion sale to Allergan
- Sale of publicly traded SteadyMed Ltd. to United Therapeutics for up to $216 million
- BioTime's acquisition of publicly traded Asterias
- Multiple acquisitions by OpenText (NASDAQ:OTEX), including:
- US$163 million acquisition of Recommind
- Acquisition of Hightail
- Venus MedTech's acquisition of Keystone Heart Ltd.
- Clearlake Capital in Calero Software's sale to Riverside Partners
- VM Pharma's sale of VM-902A to Purdue Pharma for a consideration of up to $213 million
- Misfit Wearable's $260 million sale to Fossil
- Marlin Equity Partners' acquisition of BlueHornet Networks
- MindMeld's $125 million sale to Cisco
- Satmetrix's sale to Nice Systems
- Coherex Medical's sale to Biosense Webster (J&J)
- EigerBio's merger with Celladon Corporation
- Multiple acquisitions by Nemetschek, including:
- Acquisition of Bluebeam for over $100 million
- Acquisition of RISA Technologies
- Multiple acquisitions by Stratasys, including $295 million acquisition of Solid Concepts and the acquisition of GrabCAD
- Coverity's $375 million sale to Synopsys
- The sale of Epocrates to athenahealth Inc. for $293 million
- The sale of Volterra Semiconductor to Maxim Integrated Products Inc. for $605 million
- Become's sale to Connexity, Inc.
- Battery Venture's acquisition of a physical security business from Nice Systems for up to $100
- Revionics' acquisition of Marketyze Ltd.
- Multiple acquisitions by Yelp, including:
- acquisition of Qype in a stock and cash transaction valued at approximately $50 million
- acquisition of SeatMe in a stock and cash transaction
- The sale of the women's health business of Jazz Pharmaceuticals to Meda for $95 million
- The sale of Surpass Medical to Stryker Corp. for $135 million
- Alvine Pharmaceuticals' option sale arrangement by AbbVie, Inc. for an option price of $70 million
- Multiple acquisitions by Benu, including:
- acquisition of SynchHR
- acquisition of ClearBenefits
- The sale of a business unit of Inflection to Ancestry.com
- Multiple acquisitions by Power Integrations (NASDAQ: POWI), including
- US$115 million acquisition of CT-Concept Technologie AG,
- Acquisition of CamSemi, a fabless company that designs and manufactures energy-efficient power conversion products
- Acquisition of Qspeed Semiconductor, a supplier of high-performance high-voltage diodes
- Acquisition of Velox Semiconductor, a developer of gallium nitride transistors and diodes
- Silicon Graphics, Inc.'s acquisition of Silicon Graphics Ltd.
- PGP Corporation's acquisition of Chosen Security
- PGP Corporation's $330 million sale to Symantec
- Open Feint's $104 million sale to Gree, Inc.
- Symyx Technologies' $485 million merger of equals with Accelrys
- Leo Pharma's $287 million acquisition of Peplin, Inc.
- Merger of equals between publicly traded Oclaro, Inc. and publicly traded Avanex
- Cardio Mems' $375 million option sale arrangement and $60 million investment by St. Jude Medical, Inc.
- eBay's acquisition of Fraud Sciences for $169 million
- Jazz Pharmaceutical's acquisition of Azur Pharma and reorganization on a combined value of $2.1 billion
Leading Individual for M&A in the United States, Euromoney, 2020