Tzi-Yang Seow is a Local partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity practice, based in Hong Kong and Singapore.
Tzi-Yang has extensive experience advising global and regional private equity funds, venture funds and other financial and strategic investors in competitive and proprietary buyouts, growth equity investments and disposals, going private transactions, take private transactions, PIPE transactions as well as joint ventures across the Asia-Pacific region and globally. He has worked in Beijing, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Advent International, one of the largest and most experienced global private equity investors, in connection with the sale of its controlling interest in AI Dream, a leading premium sleep solution provider that operates global brands Serta and King Koil in China.
- China-Africa Development Fund in its co-investment in Sinochem International Corporation's mandatory general offer for Halcyon Agri Corporation Ltd and a follow-on voluntary general offer by Halcyon Agri Corporation Ltd for SGX-listed GMG Global Ltd with a combined transaction value of approximately S$700 million to form the world's largest rubber supplier.
- Clermont Group in a US$76 million investment in Eviation Aircraft, an Israeli electric aircraft company.
- COFCO International Limited in its US$750 million acquisition from Noble Group Limited of a 49% interest in the entire issued share capital of Noble Agri Limited.
- Greenland Group on its S$1.6 billion disposal of hotel properties to Amare Investment Management Group for the purposes of a proposed listing of a REIT on the SGX-ST.
- DigitalBridge, an American international investment firm, in its US$750 million carve-out acquisition of PCCW group's data center business in Hong Kong and Malaysia.
- FountainVest Partners as a member of an investor consortium in the €5.6 billion (US$6.4 billion) voluntary public tender offer for all the shares in Amer Sports Corporation, a Finnish sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Arc'teryx, Peak Performance, Atomic, Mavic, Suunto, Wilson and Precor. The investor consortium comprised ANTA Sports Products Limited, FountainVest Partners, an affiliate of Chip Wilson (founder of lululemon athletica inc) and Tencent Holdings. This transaction was named "Deal of the Year" by FinanceAsia China Awards 2019.
- Goldman Sachs (Asia) LLC, a private equity and wealth management arm of Goldman Sachs, in its investments in Puyi (Shanghai) Biotechnology Co., Ltd., a leader in high-value medical device market in China; and Perfect Corp., an AR and AI company that enables consumers to try on beauty products virtually, based in Taiwan.
- NewQuest Capital in the sale of its portfolio company, Integreon, Inc., a leading global managed services provider, to EagleTree Capital, and Integreon's subsidiary, Grail Insights, to Escalent in parallel processes.
- Ruentex Group on its US$2.9 billion sale of an approximate 36.16% interest in Sun Art Group to Taobao China Holding Limited, a subsidiary of NYSE-listed Alibaba Group. This transaction was awarded "M&A Deal of the Year", China Law Practice Awards 2018.
- Sensetime Group Limited, a Chinese artificial intelligence and deep learning company, in its US$410 million Series B financing.
- A Japanese PE fund in its US$240 million disposal of an indirect interest in Chinese white goods company Hisense Broadband Multimedia Technologies Limited.
*Includes experience prior to joining White & Case