“Vaclav Kubr is a very hands-on, commercial and committed partner focused on getting the deal done.”
(Legal 500, 2020)
Václav Kubr is a partner of the Prague office and a member of our EMEA M&A/Private Equity practice. His core specialization is in real estate and corporate law. He has led teams on various real estate development projects, real estate acquisitions and joint ventures and other property transactions. He has also advised clients on a number of real estate financing projects.
Václav has advised on some of the biggest real estate transactions in the Czech Republic and CEE region to date. He has been recognized as a leading lawyer in real estate by Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and IFLR1000.
Václav has advised, among others, the following clients:
- Erste Group Bank AG, Česká spořitelna, a.s., UniCredit S.p.A., UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s., Société Générale S.A. and Komerční banka, a.s., as mandated lead arrangers, in connection with syndicated financing provided to CTP Group, one of the largest industrial developers in the CEE region, for the purposes of refinancing the existing financial indebtedness of certain property companies within CTP Group that operate logistics parks in the Czech Republic. At the amount of €1.9 billion, this is one of the largest real estate financings in the CEE region.
- CTP, a leading CEE logistics parks owner and developer, as issuer in connection with its initial public offering and listing of its shares on Euronext Amsterdam. The transaction represented the largest real estate IPO in Europe since 2014.
- P3 Logistic Parks (P3) and leading global investment company TPG Real Estate, on the sale of P3 to GIC, a sovereign wealth fund established by the government of Singapore. With a transaction value of €2.4, this represented the largest real estate deal in the Czech Republic.
- CTP, a leading commercial real estate developer and manager of business parks in Central & Eastern Europe, on the €450 million sale of a Czech logistics portfolio to Deka Immobilien, the largest German institutional investor.
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) in connection with the divestment of a portfolio of logistics and light industrial assets in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- ČSOB (a KBC Bank subsidiary in the Czech Republic) in the development and construction of the second building for the group's headquarters in the Czech Republic. Previously, Václav Kubr was a member of the team that prepared the structure of the project for the development and construction of the first building for the bank’s new headquarters in Prague. With its over 80,000 square meters, the CSOB headquarters became the largest administrative building in Prague.
- Crestyl Real Estate, a leading developer of residential, retail and commercial real estate in the Czech Republic, on its sale of the Central Kladno shopping center in Kladno, Czech Republic.
- Klépierre in connection with the divestment of the Novodvorska Plaza shopping center in Prague to Bluehouse Capital, a private equity real estate investment management firm focused on Central and Southeastern Europe.
- Shinhan Investment Corporation, the global-leading South Korea-based investment manager, advised by Mint Investments, one of the leading real estate investors in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, on the acquisition of Florenc Office Center, a Class A office building in Prague, and the headquarters of KPMG in the Czech Republic.
- A global investment firm in the acquisition of Parkhotel Praha.
Ranked as "Highly regarded" in Real Estate Acquisitions
(IFLR 1000, 2021)
Ranked as "Highly regarded" in Project development
(IFLR 1000, 2021)
Band 3 in Real Estate in the Czech Republic
(Chambers Europe, 2022)
Leading Individual in Real Estate & Construction in the Czech Republic
(Legal 500, 2021)
"very experienced with excellent orientation and know-how in this area."
(Chambers Europe, Real Estate, 2022)
"he was on my side in multiple transactions and I value him to the moon and back."
(Chambers Europe, Real Estate, 2020)
"Vaclav Kubr is a very hands-on, commercial and committed partner focused on getting the deal done."
(Legal 500, 2020)
"very calm, patient, diplomatic, precise and clear"
(Chambers Europe, Real Estate, 2019)