Vanessa Pitassi is an Associate in the International Arbitration Group in Paris. She is trained in common law and civil law. Her practice focuses on international commercial and construction arbitration.
Prior to joining White & Case, Vanessa gained experience working with two leading construction companies, both in-house and on project. Vanessa also acquired experience in international arbitration with major international law firms in London and Hong Kong.
Bars and Courts
New York State Bar
Master of Laws
University College London
Dual Bachelor's in English Law (LLB) and French Law (L3)
University of Exeter
- Representing an American manufacturer in ICC arbitration proceedings related to the construction of an industrial plant in Western Europe;
- Representing a consortium of construction companies in one of the largest infrastructure projects in the world located in Central America (FIDIC Yellow Book), in the context of an ongoing procedure before the project's own dispute arbitration committee (Dispute Adjudication Board) against the client;
- Advising a European entrepreneur in an ICC arbitration brought against its JV partners following the termination of the contract by the client for the construction of a large underground infrastructure project;
- Advising an American EPC contractor on pre-arbitration claims and disputes related to the construction (FIDIC Yellow Book) of a new international airport passenger terminal building in the Middle East;
- Advising an American EPC contractor on disputes arising out of subcontract agreements related to the construction of a motorway in Eastern Europe;
- Advising a French EPC contractor on pre-arbitration claims and disputes related to the construction of a bridge in Central America;
- Representing a Middle Eastern state entity on an ICC arbitration regarding the construction of a social infrastructure in the Middle East; and
- Representing an international oil and gas company in ICC proceedings related to a US$ multibillion LNG project in Asia-Pacific.