Waad is a partner at White & Case
Waad has experience advising international and GCC based financial institutions and borrowers on complex financing transactions based on both conventional and Shari'ah-compliant structures, including syndicated financing, restructuring, leveraged assets acquisitions, and project financing.
Waad is a New York and Saudi Arabian qualified lawyer. Waad speaks both English and Arabic with native fluency, and is able to negotiate and draft legal documents in both languages.
Waad's representative transactions include:
- Representation of Saudi Aramco on the structuring, tendering and development of the 1,300-1,600 MW Fadhili independent power project, to be developed jointly by Saudi Aramco and the Saudi Electricity Company.
- Representation of the lenders in connection with a SAR 1,366 billion syndicate facility for the refinancing of the design, development, construction, testing, commissioning, operation and maintenance of an approximately 600,000 tons per annum seamless pipes project in Jubail Industrial City, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the working capital requirements associated therewith.
- Representation of the borrower in connection with SAR1.425 billion murabaha facility to finance the construction cost of five very large crude carriers.
- Representation of a company in connection with a USD 900 million KEXIM-backed loan to help finance a plant's construction and utility.
- Representation of a company in connection with a loan framework agreement with KEXIM.
- Representation of the lenders in connection with a SAR600 million facility to finance the development of the residential compound.
- Representation of the lenders in connection with a SAR405 million vessel financing.
- Representation of the joint lead managers in respect of a SAR 1.4billion subordinated sukuk issuance.
This includes experience gained prior to joining White & Case.