William (Bill) Parish Jr.
William "Bill" Parish, Jr. is a trusted advisor to clients on a wide range of complex US and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, partnerships and joint ventures, and general corporate matters. Bill has particular experience in energy transactions and cross-border transactions across Latin America.
Bill regularly represents acquirers, investors and target companies in buying and selling oil and gas properties, natural gas and crude oil pipelines, terminals, processing plants, gas storage facilities, oilfield service companies and power generation facilities.
Bill has represented clients in cross-border transactions across Latin America for more than twenty-five years, advising on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and commercial matters involving businesses, operations and assets in Latin America. He is fluent in Spanish.
He also counsels private equity funds and their portfolio companies with respect to investments ranging from portfolio company transactions, equity line investments and minority investments, as well as management compensation packages, corporate governance matters, add-on acquisitions, equity and debt financings, and dispositions. Additionally, he counsels borrowers in real estate and commercial financing transactions, including general corporate revolving and term loan facilities, acquisition finance, mezzanine facilities and asset-based loans.
Mr. Parish is a fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, a group to which fewer than one-third of 1% of the members of the Texas Bar are granted admission.
- Represented Colombian power company Celsia E.S.P. in the US$420 million sale of the Flores I and Flores IV gas-fired generation plants located in Barranquilla, Colombia, to US energy and infrastructure group Glenfarne.
- Represented the selling shareholders of Brazilian soybean seed producer and retailer Tec Agro in the sale of the company to Canadian fertilizer company Nutrien, Ltd.
- Represented Itron Inc. in the sale of its subsidiaries comprising its manufacturing and sales operations in Mexico, Brazil, Chile and Argentina.
- Represented a private equity investor in the formation and negotiation of multiple joint ventures with Brazilian developers for the development, construction, sale and leasing of commercial and multifamily buildings throughout the city of São Paulo.
- Represented a supermajor in the sale of its interest in the Elk Hills Field, one of the most productive fields in the United States.*
- Represented a midstream oil and gas company in the formation and negotiation of a joint venture with a U.S. private equity firm to pursue investments in the midstream energy sector in Mexico.*
- Represented a Mexican midstream oil and gas company in public tenders for new natural gas transportation infrastructure in Mexico.*
- Represented a coal producer in the formation and negotiation of a joint venture with EDF Trading for natural gas exploration and production the Marcellus Shale, and subsequent acquisition of EDF Trading’s 50% interest in the joint venture.*
- Represented a global oil and gas company in its $2.4 billion acquisition of offshore oil and gas assets in Brazil.*
- Represented a global oil and gas company in the $1.15 billion sale of its 50% share in the Texas-Oklahoma Seaway Crude Pipeline.*
- Represented a global oil and gas company in its $355 million acquisition of Haynesville Shale assets.*
- Represented a global oil and gas company in its $450 million acquisition of Haynesville Shale assets.*
- Represented a global oil and gas company in its $600 million acquisition of Marcellus Shale assets from three portfolio companies of Encap Investments.*
*Matters completed prior to joining White & Case.