Yoon (Yoonyoung) Choi is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice, based in Seoul.
Yoon advises Korean and global clients, including many of the largest Korean conglomerates and private equity firms, on cross-border M&A transactions, investments, strategic alliances and joint ventures.
- A Middle East-based sovereign wealth fund on the US$150 million acquisition of newly issued convertible preferred shares of SK On Co., Ltd., a leading Korean battery maker.
- KDB Investment-Hana Securities, Korea Investment Private Equity and KB Asset Management on the US$150 million acquisition of newly issued convertible preferred shares of US-based HyAxiom, Inc., a leading developer and manufacturer of hydrogen-based and other fuel cells and electrolyzer solutions.
- A South Korean pharmaceutical company on its acquisition of various assets held by a UK-based pharmaceutical company in administration (and its subsidiaries, also in administration/joint receivership) engaged in the development of microbiome-based drugs.
- Brite Energy Partners (BEP), a South Korean solar energy development and investment company, on its receipt of equity financing and further financing commitment, in an aggregate amount of more than US$230 million, from BlackRock Global Renewable Power Fund III, a unit of the world's largest asset manager BlackRock, Inc.
- Korea Investment & Securities, a leading securities firm in Korea, on its formation of a leveraged lending joint venture, SF Credit Partners, with Stifel Financial Corp., an international full-service investment bank in the US.
- KDB Investment, the private equity arm of Korea Development Bank, on its US$100 million investment in THINK Surgical, Inc., a California-based medical device company.
- Lotte Corporation on its US$160 million pending acquisition of biologics assets in Syracuse, New York, from Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and its establishment of Lotte Biologics.
- Green Cross, a Korean biopharmaceutical company, on its US$73 million acquisition of BioCentriq, Inc., a New Jersey-based biopharma company engaged in contract development & manufacturing organization business, from New Jersey Innovation Institute, Inc., a New Jersey non-profit corporation.
- Hanmi Pharmaceutical on its acquisition of newly issued shares of Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a US pharmaceutical company listed on Nasdaq.
- LG Energy Solution on its acquisition of NEC Energy Solutions, a U.S. company engaged in the business of providing energy storage solutions, from NEC Corporation based in Japan.