White & Case Latin America Practices and Lawyers Earn the Most Top-Tier Legal 500 Rankings for 2023
2 min read
Global law firm White & Case LLP once again scored the most top practice rankings and lawyer rankings for Latin America. In the recently announced 2023 rankings from The Legal 500 covering international law firms advising in Latin America, White & Case scored four Tier 1 rankings and 25 lawyer rankings—more than any other global law firm. Additionally, White & Case has been named Firm To Watch: City Focus, for its Miami and Houston offices.
In the category Latin America: International Firms, White & Case earned Tier 1 rankings for its Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Projects and Energy, and International Arbitration practices. The Legal 500 assigns its Tier 1 rankings based on high marks in a variety of criteria, including strong technical ability, client prestige, capacity for taking on the largest transactions, track record, market share and more.
The Legal 500 Latin America recognized over 24 individual White & Case lawyers across 6 offices.
- Global Latin America Group Head Carlos Viana was named a "Leading Individual" for both Projects and Energy and Banking & Finance.
- Donald Baker and Jonathan Hamilton have been inducted into The Legal 500’s "Hall of Fame," for Capital Markets and International Arbitration, respectively.
- Partners John Vetterli, John Anderson, Sabrena Silver, Rodrigo Dominguez, Rafael Llano, Ank Santens, and Michael Garcia were recognized as "Leading Individuals" for their respective practices.
- Partners John Guzman, Bibiana Andrea Jaimes, Rafael Roberti, Francisco Jijon, Silvia Marchili, Jeannine Acevedo, Anna Andreeva, Thomas Pate, and Maria Beguiristain were all named "Next Generation Partners."
- Counsel Michelle Grando and Associates Raffaele Turco, Adrian Leal, Fernando Vazquez Chelius Solis, and Luisa Muskus were recognized as "Rising Stars."
"Our Latin America Group continues to go from strength to strength, providing the highest level of service and advising our clients on their most important, strategic transactions in the region," said Viana. "This recognition reflects our market-leading capabilities, and further solidifies our position as a leading law firm in Latin America, as we continue to provide word-class legal services to our clients. Congratulations to our team on this outstanding result, and for another successful year."
In its editorial profile of the firm, The Legal 500 relayed a quote from a White & Case client: "In my experience, it has been the best legal team I have ever worked with. High knowledge of the business and an efficient ability to optimize resources."