Amy is an associate in the Firm's Global Intellectual Property practice, based in London. Amy has extensive experience advising both international, FTSE 100 and other UK-based clients in the areas of information technology (IT), intellectual property (IP) and data protection, including on the IT, IP and data protection aspects of M&A transactions, IPOs, strategic collaborations and joint ventures.
Amy's practice also specialises in drafting and negotiating a broad range of complex commercial and IT agreements, on a standalone basis, as well as in relation to business separations.
In the area of data protection and privacy, she advises on matters such as strategic data alliances, cross-border data transfers, data breach responses, implementing privacy policies and general data protection compliance issues, including advising clients on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Amy represents clients in a broad range of industries, including technology, social media, banking and financial services, automotive, fashion, electricity, government, telecommunications, manufacturing and healthcare.
Before joining White & Case, Amy acquired IT, data protection and IP experience at an international, top-tier law firm in Australia.
Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) (Finance)
Relevant experience includes acting for:
- Smiths Group plc on the $2.8bn carve-out of its Medical Devices division to ICU Medical
- Schneider Electric on its agreement to sell its global Telemecanique Sensors business to Yageo of $729 million, involving the carve-out of this business and related assets in more than 70 countries
- Triton Investment Management Limited in its £1.2 billion recommended takeover offer for Clinigen Group plc
- Triton on the sale of DSI Underground to Sandvik Group for a total value of €943 million
- Carlyle on its $660m acquisition of Meopta, a manufacturer of optical, opto-mechanical, and opto-electronic solutions
- Global top 10 tech company on its various commercial matters across the EMEA region
- Global top 5 automotive company on its key commercial technology projects
- Pollinate on the development and licensing of its merchant acquiring ecosystem to banks across the UK and Australia
- Clinigen Limited on its divestment of:
- Its Proleukin portfolio to Iovance Biotherapeutics, Inc. for £166.7 million – the deal included a £41.7 million milestone payment and double-digit Proleukin global sales royalties
- Lamda Laboratories S.A to Adragos Pharma GmbH
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company on the divestment of a portfolio of select over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceutical assets to STADA Arzneimittel AG for a total value of US$660 million
Amy has been published in Butterworths Corporation Law Bulletin, Banking and Finance Law Bulletin, LexisNexis Privacy Law Bulletin and the Privacy, Data Protection and Cybersecurity Law Review on topics of data governance and maximising the value of data.