Andrés Mosqueira joined the Mexico City office of the Firm in 2007. Mr. Mosqueira's practice has focused in financial regulatory matters, particularly in connection with payment systems, asset management, pension funds, securities and Fintech products and services. His experience includes advising Mexican and non-Mexican clients in meeting regulatory compliance obligations with the Mexican financial and data privacy regulatory authorities. Andrés has worked extensively with leading global financial entities (including some of the largest global asset managers) as well as with domestic financial entities, including Afores, banks, investment advisors, pension funds, aggregators, money transmitters and stock exchanges. He has also worked frequently with global leading companies in the tech sector, such as WhatsApp, Facebook, PayPal and Airbnb.
Mr. Mosqueira's practice is also particularly focused on bank finance, having represented lenders and borrowers in numerous domestic and cross-border financing transactions, including structured finance deals, acquisition financings and syndicated and bilateral loans.
Andrés also has significant experience in cross-border joint ventures, private equity and aviation matters. He joined White & Case's Miami office as an international lawyer in 2012 and returned to White & Case's Mexico City office in 2013.
- Representation of Hipotecaria Crédito y Casa, S.A. de C.V., a major non-bank mortgage and construction lender in Mexico, in its liquidation process including the restructuring of its banking and securities debt of more than US$1 billion.
- Representation of BlackRock in its purchase of Naftrac, Mexico's largest exchange-traded fund, from government development bank Nacional Financiera, and in the cross-listing of Naftrac with Latibex, Madrid Stock Exchange's index for Latin American stocks.
- Representation of the ING Group in the sale of its Mexican insurance subsidiary Seguros ING, S.A. de C.V, the third-largest Mexican insurance company, to AXA Group.
- Representation of lead arrangers, joint bookrunners and administrative agent, in connection with a senior unsecured US$1.25 billion revolving credit facility for Comisión Federal de Electricidad, the national electric utility of Mexico.
- Representation of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, as administrative agent and mandated lead arranger and bookrunner, in connection with a senior unsecured US$320 million term loan facility for Mazda Motor Manufacturing de México, S.A. de C.V., for the development and construction of a Mazda automobile manufacturing plant in the State of Guanajuato, Mexico.
- Representation of Grupo Financiero Banorte, S.A.B. de C.V. in the negotiation and execution of a US$800 unsecured floating rate syndicated loan to be used to capitalize Banco Mercantil del Norte after its acquisition of Afore Bancomer.
Significant experience in infrastructure projects:
- Representation of Goldman Sachs and ICA as sponsors in the bidding process, proposal, award and financing of a 30-year concession to operate and maintain over 550 km of toll roads in Mexico for approximately US$4 billion from the SCT and the Mexican Toll Road Bailout Fund (FARAC).
- Representation of a consortium led by ICA in the financing thereof by a Bank syndicate lead by WestLB for approximately US$1 billion for the two-unit 750 MW La Yesca hydroelectric generating facility in Jalisco, Mexico.
- Representation of Calyon, WestLB and the Export Development Corporation for the financing for the prepayment and purchase of the Campeche and Chihuahua IPP projects by Intergen B.V. for an amount of approximately US$340 million.
Significant experience in public procurement and public private partnerships:
- Advisor to the Mexican Ministry of Finance and Public Credit in the review and improvement of the existing regulatory and legal framework applicable to Public Private Partnerships in Mexico.
- Representation of Wyeth, S.A. de C.V. in all matters related to a public bid called by the Mexican Ministry of Health for the procurement of almost 2.5 million doses of pneumococcal vaccines in connection with the National Vaccination Plan.
- Representation of Israel Aerospace Industries in the public bidding process for the award of a contract for the installation of 8,000 security cameras in Mexico City.
Significant experience in equipment leasing and other aviation related matters:
- Representation of Boeing Capital Leasing Limited in the repossession and export of aircraft leased to Click, a sister airline of Mexicana de Aviación, currently under a business reorganization proceeding.
- Representation of Apollo Aviation Management Limited in the purchase to Oakhill of three aircraft on lease to airlines based in the United States, Mexico and Russia.
- Representation of several aircraft lessors in the leasing of aircraft to Mexican airlines.
- Representation of Engine Lease Finance Corporation in its aircraft engine sale and lease back transactions with Mexican aircraft operators.
Significant recent experience in mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures and shareholders disputes:
- Representation of EchoStar Corporation in the formation of a joint venture company, DISH Mexico, with Grupo MVS, S.A. de C.V. for the purposes of operating direct-to-home satellite television services to subscribers in Mexico.
- Representation of Tan U.S. Group, Inc. and other selling shareholders in the US$300 million sale of Woodcrafters Home Products Holding, LLC, a leading, privately-owned manufacturer of bathroom vanities and vanity sink tops to MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortune Brands Inc., a US publicly-traded company.
- Representation of a US based supplier of automotive components to automotive original equipment manufacturers, in a shareholders dispute with its Mexican partner in an arbitration proceeding before the ICDR.