Arnaud Cagi-Nicolau is a partner in our Global Private Equity and Investment Funds Practices and a partner in our BeLux Transactional practice based in Luxembourg.
Arnaud specializes in collective investment funds and other investment vehicles. His practice encompasses a broad range of alternative investment funds including private equity, real estate, debt and infrastructure funds. He also advises on derivative documentation (implementation of EMIR, ISDA documentation and derivative instruments implementing investment strategies), collateral management, securities lending, repo and prime brokerage arrangements.
He is a member of ALFI (Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry) since 2011.
Prior to joining White & Case, Arnaud practiced in the Investment funds, Private equity and Finance departments of the Luxembourg office of a major international law firm.
- Advising BC Partners in relation to €7 billion flagship private equity Fund X (BCEC X) being the first BC Partners investment fund based in Luxembourg.*
- Advising BC Partners in relation to flagship private equity €6.9 Fund XI (BC Partners X).*
- Advising BC Partners in relation to its first real estate investment fund BC Partners Real Estate I (€900m)$.*
- Advising Storebrand in relation to setting up an alternative investment fund platform in Luxembourg including private equity, real estate and infrastructure sub-fund.*
- Advising Quilvest Capital Partners in relation to setting up a club-fund private equity vehicle as well as club-fund real estate vehicle.*
- Advising JPMorgan regarding the setting up of multiple conduit vehicles investing in a third party investment funds managed by third party managers.*
*Matters worked on prior to joining White & Case
Co-author, "The Special Limited Partnership", HFMWeek Special Report – Luxembourg, 2015