Daniele Pojani is a member of the White & Case Italian practice, with experience on Italian and multi-jurisdictional transactions in corporate, M&A and Private Equity as well as equity Capital Markets, in a range of sectors, including, among others, financial services, industrial and manufacturing, luxury, retail and consumer, pharmaceutical and sports, media and entertainment.
Daniele advises financial sponsors and industrial players in public and private deals and joint ventures, both on the buy-side and on the sell-side. He also assists issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings.
Prior to joining White & Case in April 2021 Daniele practiced in another major international law firm in Milan. He also practiced in primary international law firms in London and Istanbul.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- BC Partners LLP in connection with its co-controlling investment, together with US global private investment firm Bain Capital Private Equity, in Fedrigoni S.p.A.
- Ankorgaz, an industrial holding company specializing in infrastructure investments in the bioenergy and biofuels sector, and Walter Lagorio, an entrepreneur active in the Italian gas sector, in connection with the €46.6 million sale of Biomet S.p.A. to PATRIZIA European Infrastructure Fund II and the subsequent reinvestment by Ankorgaz.
- EON, an investment company of the Ceruti family, in connection with the purchase of a participation of Carbon Dream, a leading Italian company in the design, engineering, processing, manufacturing and marketing of high-tech carbon components and superlight materials.
- The shareholders of Lawlinguists, a legal translation agency, in connection with the disposal of the business to BIG Language Solutions and their subsequent reinvestment.
- The shareholders of Calcioinfinito, the company owning and operating the football news website Calciomercato.com, in connection with the disposal of the business to FootballCo Media Ltd. (a DAZN company).
- Gamenet Group (an Apollo Global Management company), a leading Italian gaming and betting corporate group, in connection with the acquisition of Lottomatica Videolot Rete S.p.A. and Lottomatica Scommesse S.r.l., companies acting in the gaming and betting industry.
- Sisal Group (a CVC company), an Italian leading gaming and betting corporate group in connection with the creation of a joint venture with Banca 5 (an Intesa Sanpaolo company), a leading Italian bank to operate in the digital payments industry.*
- An Italian pharmaceutical corporate group in connection with the sale of a strategic asset.*
- Platinum Equity in connection with the acquisition of De Wave, an Italian corporate group acting as global contractor and manufacturer for marine interior solutions for cruise ships and yachts.*
- SENT Entertainment in connection with the acquisition of Como football club.*
* Daniele worked on these matters prior to joining White & Case.