Daniele Pojani is a member of the White & Case Italian practice, with experience on Italian and multi-jurisdictional transactions in corporate, M&A and Private Equity as well as equity Capital Markets, in a range of sectors, including, among others, financial services, industrial and manufacturing, luxury, retail and consumer, pharmaceutical and sports, media and entertainment.
Daniele advises financial sponsors and industrial players in public and private deals and joint ventures, both on the buy-side and on the sell-side. He also assists issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings.
Prior to joining White & Case in April 2021 Daniele practiced in another major international law firm in Milan. He also practiced in primary international law firms in London and Istanbul.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- BC Partners LLP in connection with its co-controlling investment, together with US global private investment firm Bain Capital Private Equity, in Fedrigoni S.p.A.
- Ankorgaz, an industrial holding company specializing in infrastructure investments in the bioenergy and biofuels sector, and Walter Lagorio, an entrepreneur active in the Italian gas sector, in connection with the €46.6 million sale of Biomet S.p.A. to PATRIZIA European Infrastructure Fund II and the subsequent reinvestment by Ankorgaz.
- Gamenet Group (an Apollo Global Management company), a leading Italian gaming and betting corporate group, in connection with the acquisition of Lottomatica Videolot Rete S.p.A. and Lottomatica Scommesse S.r.l., companies acting in the gaming and betting industry.
- Sisal Group (a CVC company), an Italian leading gaming and betting corporate group in connection with the creation of a joint venture with Banca 5 (an Intesa Sanpaolo company), a leading Italian bank to operate in the digital payments industry.*
- Platinum Equity in connection with the acquisition of De Wave, an Italian corporate group acting as global contractor and manufacturer for marine interior solutions for cruise ships and yachts.*
- SENT Entertainment in connection with the acquisition of Como football club.*
- The Carlyle Group in connection with the acquisition of a 50 percent participation in Design Holding, an Italian leading corporate group in the in the high-end design industry, including Flos, B&B Italia and Louis Poulsen;*
Debt Capital Markets
- A pool of banks led by Goldman Sachs in connection with the issuance of €275 million senior secured notes by AS Roma, a Serie A Italian football club, for the refinancing of its existing indebtedness.*
- Inter Media and Communication, a subsidiary of FC Internazionale Milano (a Serie A Italian football club), in connection with the issuance of €75 million senior secured notes for the refinancing of its existing indebtedness.*
Equity Capital Markets
- MotorK Plc, a leading SaaS provider for the automotive retail industry in the EMEA region, in connection with its Rule 144A and Regulation S initial public offering on Euronext Amsterdam, in which 28.7% of the total share capital of the company's shares were offered, for a total value of approximately €75 million and a market capitalization of approximately €260 million.
* Daniele worked on these matters prior to joining White & Case.