Darragh's practice focuses on private and public M&A, as well as equity and debt capital markets. Dual-qualified under English and Swedish law, he has played a leading role in numerous major deals for corporate clients across Europe and globally. Utilizing his exceptional local knowledge and extensive cross-border experience, Darragh helps his clients to navigate complex M&A transactions, including around the newly emerging issues relating to ESG and sustainability. Before joining White & Case in 2012, Darragh was employed by another global law firm, where he developed a strong track record in multijurisdictional deals for clients in a broad range of business sectors.
Selected recent matters
Nordic Entertainment Group
Representation of Nordic Entertainment Group AB, the Nordic region's leading streaming company, on its SEK 4.35 billion directed share issue to Swedish and international institutional investors.
Representation of Ratos AB (publ), a Swedish private equity firm, and Bonnier on their divestment of Bisnode, a company offering support in the form of digital business, marketing and credit information, to Bisnode's partner Dun & Bradstreet for an approximate enterprise value of SEK 7.2 billion.
Representation of Nestlé in connection with several transactions, including:
- Nestlé Waters on (i) the sale of its majority interest in SHSB Sàrl, together with its 100%-owned subsidiary Nestlé Waters Iraq, to local partners and (ii) the sale of all shares held in a joint venture in Ethiopia to local partners.
- Nestlé on the sale of its dairy and waters businesses in Uzbekistan to the France-based Lactalis group.
- Nestlé the creation of a joint venture with Casa Tarradellas, with their respective stakes 40% and 60%, to include the Herta charcuterie (cold cuts and meat-based products), which is available in six European countries, and the Herta dough business in France and Belgium.
- Nestlé on its divestment of a coffee solutions business unit in Sweden and Norway, Kaffeknappen, to the Convini group.
- Nestlé on the sale of its pet care accessories and rawhides business in France, Italy, Spain to Bob Martin, the UK's leading brand name for pet healthcare.
Representation of Galderma on the sale of Bübchen to Dallmann's Pharma GmbH, a Katjes International GmbH & Co. KG company. Bübchen is a German collection of kids and baby care products. Under the terms of the transaction, Dallmann's Pharma is acquiring the Bübchen business, including the Bübchen brand and its dedicated manufacturing site in Germany.
Canon Medical Systems Corporation
Representation of Canon Medical Systems Corporation, a Japanese medical equipment company, in its acquisition of Skope Magnetic Resonance Technologies AG, a Swiss company specializing in data processing and image reconstruction for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Representation of ABB, a global leader in smart buildings technology and solutions, in connection with several transactions, including:
- ABB on carve-out of Accelleron Industries Ltd (ABB Turbocharging), a global leader in turbocharging technologies, in preparation for listing on SIX Swiss Exchange
- ABB on the acquisition of Dublin-headquartered Cylon Controls Limited, which provides building automation and HVAC control solutions through its operations in China, Germany, Ireland, the UK and the US.
- ABB Elektrik Sanayi A.S., a Türkiye-based power and automation technology company, on the sale of its cabling and surface/flush mounted switch business Alkanlar Elektrik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S., a Türkiye-based producer of electric components.
- ABB on the acquisition of AB Rotech, a company headquartered in Bursa, Türkiye specializing in robotic welding solutions and services for the automotive industry.
Toyota Industries Corporation
Representation of Toyota Industries Corporation on an agreement to acquire Vanderlande Industries Holding B.V., the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation.
Representation of major clients on various IPOs, amongst others, recently for Gambling.com Group Limited, Nordea Bank Abp, Gaming Innovation Group, Arion Banki, Projektengagemang and Scandinavian Tobacco Group.
Best Lawyer Germany in Corporate Law, Handelsblatt 2023
Expert Based Abroad, Corporate/M&A – Sweden, Chambers Global, 2021-2023
Notable Practitioner, Corporate/M&A – Sweden, Chambers Europe, 2021
Individual Mention, The Legal 500 – Corporate & M&A: Large Deals €500m+/Mid-sized International Deals