Joanne Emerson Taqi
Joanne is a Partner in the Firm's Global Project Development and Finance practice.
Joanne is a project development lawyer with experience advising on a wide range of construction and project agreements in the infrastructure, utilities and real estate sectors. She advises on all types of developments, including commercial, industrial, domestic, and public private partnerships and a wide range of development contracts, including the FIDIC suite of agreements and the Australian Standards.
Joanne was previously based in the Middle East and advised on some of that region's largest projects and has particular experience advising across water (including treated, wastewater, desalination and district energy), waste (including waste management and waste to energy (WTE)), power (including renewables) and social infrastructure (including hospitals, schools, social housing and worker/staff accommodation) sectors and in PPP procurement.
Joanne's experience includes advising:
- The Government of Uzbekistan (with Asian Development Bank) in relation to a significant district heating project (based on an affermage structure), one of the first projects in the country to be procured under the new PPP Law.*
- The successful bidder in relation to the US$3.6 billion Abu Dhabi subsea power transmission system PPP project.*
- Sydney Water in relation to the Upper South Creek Advanced Water Recycling Centre.*
- AirTrunk in relation to the development and construction arrangements relating to the delivery of data centres in Sydney and Asia.*
- The Government of Bahrain in relation to one of the first wastewater PPP projects in the Middle East.*
- The Government of Kuwait in relation to the US$ 1.8 billion, 600,000m3/day wastewater treatment and transmission system project under a DBOFM contract - the largest wastewater PPP project in the Middle East.*
- The lenders on Saudi Arabia's first school and healthcare PPP projects.*
- The Government of Bahrain in relation to the US$ 900 million Bahrain LNG terminal project, the first PPP project of its type in the Middle East, The project was named IJ Global MENA Midstream Oil and Gas Deal of the Year 2016 and Middle East LNG Deal of the Year 2016 by Project Finance International Magazine.*
*Prior to joining White & Case
"outside-the-box thinker with deep experience of project documents"