Kibbeum Kim is a counsel in White & Case's Asia Debt Finance and Restructuring practice, based in Seoul.
Kibbeum represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies, as well as lenders, financial institutions, credit and other special situations funds, in a wide variety of financings in the Asia-Pacific region. He has experience in leveraged and acquisition financings, direct lending transactions and special situations investments, together with refinancings and restructurings of such transactions. He is fluent in both English and Korean.
Prior to joining White & Case, Kibbeum worked at the London and Hong Kong offices of major international law firms.
Kibbeum's experience includes advising:
- Brookfield Asset Management on the assumption of existing debt in connection with its acquisition of Trimco Group, a global branding company.
- The mandated lead arrangers to an acquisition facilities for Naver Corporation for its acquisition of Poshmark, a secondhand apparel online marketplace.
- SK ecoplant on the leveraged financing for its acquisition of TES-Envirocorp, an e-waste management company (including a bridge facilities to initially fund the acquisition).
- Baring Private Equity Asia on the leveraged financing for its acquisition of Hinduja Global Solutions' healthcare services-related business process management unit.*
- KKR on the leveraged financing for its investment in EuroKids, an education enterprise in India.*
- Blackstone Capital Partners on the leveraged financing for its take-private of Essel Propack, a packaging company in India.*
- KKR on the leveraged financing for its acquisition of LS Group, a global manufacturer of automobile parts in South Korea.*
- KKR on an equity commitment letter backed financing for its acquisition of a logistics warehouse in South Korea.*
*Experience prior to joining White & Case