Marcos is a Local Partner in the Disputes Department of the Madrid office.
His experience extends to a broad range of contentious situations, including civil, commercial and competition litigations and national and international arbitrations. Marcos also has significant experience working abroad and he has played a central role in several high-profile litigation scenarios before foreign Courts.
Recent significant experience* includes advising:
- Apple on a collective claim brought by a consumer association in Spain and against several collective actions in other countries*.
- Globalvia in various court proceedings for the control of Itínere Infraestructuras, including an extraordinary appeal filed before the Spanish Supreme Court*.
- One of the biggest mining companies in two litigations before the English High Court, one of which listed between the main twenty English disputes of the year*.
- Nestlé España on multiple antitrust damage claims filed by milk producers in the context of the CNMC's Industrias Lácteas 2 file*.
- An Ibex 35 corporate in the telecommunications sector in relation to a claim before the English High Court*.
- A real estate company in a commercial arbitration against various financial institutions for the alleged breach of certain duties under an SLA agreement*.
- A civil and engineering construction company in an ICC arbitration against a subcontractor for the breach of an agreement for the turnkey engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning in Guatemala*.
- A construction company in the pre-arbitration negotiations related to a contractual dispute with the plant owner for the breach of a New York-law governed agreement for the design, build and reparation for a headrace water tunnel in Panama*.
- A leading company in the Spanish electricity sector in a LCIA arbitration regarding the costs incurred in the shipping of liquefied natural in accordance with a New York-law governed long-term sale and purchase agreement*.
- An Australian company in a cross-border dispute involving both arbitral and judicial proceedings regarding a construction contract*.
- A multinational company in a significant claim for damages for unfair competition*.
- Various investment funds and other financial entities in Martinsa Fadesa, Reyal Urbis and Fagor insolvency proceedings*.
* Experience prior to joining White & Case