Quirec de Kersauson
Quirec de Kersauson is a senior associate in the Energy, Infrastructure, Project and Asset Finance group of the Paris office.
His area of expertise covers French public law and international projects in France and in Africa, with a focus on public contracts (notably concessions and PPPs) as well as on regulatory matters.
As for concession and PPP projects, Quirec assists public entities, sponsors and lenders in every aspect of the award, execution and litigation of those contracts.
Quirec also works on regulatory matters, in particular in the energy, transportation, telecom or public health sectors, and also has experience in specific areas such as environmental law, data protection, foreign investment, export control or public law arbitration.
He is regularly involved on prelitigation and litigation matters before French courts or public authorities.
Before joining White & Case, Quirec de Kersauson worked for nine years in an international law firm as well as in public institutions (Conseil d'Etat, French Ministry of Defense and European Parliament).
Quirec de Kersauson lectures on subjects related to public law and European public law at Sciences Po Paris. He has written numerous articles in the field of public law.
Recent experiences include:
- Advising sponsors and lenders on various concession or PPP contracts in the fiber-optic sector (DSP Nord Pas-de-Calais, Grand-Est, Eure, Yonne, Auvergne, Loire-Atlantique etc.), on public buildings (university of Bordeaux, Centrale Supelec, Nancy Thermal etc.) or in the transportation sector (Lille airport, Nantes-Saint Nazaire Montoir airport, high-speed rail lines etc.);
- Advising TSOs, DSOs or other market players in the electricity and gas sectors on development projects or on complex regulatory matters, including before the regulatory authorities;
- Advising highways operators on various contractual, regulatory and litigation matters;
- Advising the French State within the framework of the renewal of hydroelectric concessions;
- Advising and representing a major gas company in an ICC arbitration procedure concerning the execution of an EPC contract and in the challenge of the arbitral award before the French supreme administrative court.