Steve Sha is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity practice, based in Hong Kong.
Steve advises private equity funds, private and public companies and financial investors on a wide range of private equity and other M&A matters. He has extensive experience in cross-border transactions across Asia and globally, including sponsor-led acquisitions and divestitures, leveraged buyouts, going-private transactions, PIPEs, joint ventures, strategic M&A, restructurings and venture financings.
Steve Sha's experience* includes representing:
- Advent International on its acquisition, consolidation and subsequent sale of Serta China, a leading mattress business in China.
- Bain Capital Credit on its US$300 million investment in D&J China.
- Bain Capital on its US$2.7 billion sale of Carver Korea, its US$800 million acquisition of a controlling stake in Hugel Inc., and its sale of the Gymboree Play & Music business in China.
- CMC Capital on a Series D investment in Giphy, Inc.
- CPPIB on the US$4.3 billion consortium take-private of NYSE-listed Nord Anglia Education.
- GSR/GO Scale Capital on its proposed US$3.3 billion acquisition of 80.1% of Philips' Lumileds business.
- NewQuest Capital Partners on its sale of Integreon, a business process outsourcing provider with a significant Asia footprint, to EagleTree Capital.
- Oxerra on its carve-out acquisition of Venator’s iron oxide business.
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals on its auction sale of certain non-core assets in Asia Pacific to Celltrion, Inc.
- Tencent on its strategic partnerships with and investments in NYSE-listed 58.com and Nasdaq-listed JD.com.
- Uber's strategic partnership with Baidu in China.
- A sovereign wealth fund on various healthcare investments in Asia.
- Various SPACs in business combination transactions with targets in Asia and the US, including Magnum Opus Acquisition Limited on its proposed US$2.5 billion business combination with Asia Innovations Group Limited; and Chenghe Acquisition Co. on its proposed US$380 million business combination with Taiwan Color Optics, Inc.
*Includes experience prior to joining White & Case
What China's IPO Crisis Means for PE Investors, China Law & Practice, May/June, 2013.