Tim Neilson is a member of the Australian Taxation practice and based in Melbourne. Prior to joining the firm in October 2020, Tim worked as a tax lawyer at other major firms since 1985.
University of Melbourne
Master of Laws
Team member for transactions including:
- Advising Sydney Transport Partners consortium on the successful acquisition of the 51% equity stake in WestConnex.
- Advising Transurban in respect of the $6.7 billion West Gate tunnel project.
- Advising Public Transport Victoria on the High Capacity Metro Trains Project.
- Advising the Victorian Government on a number of PPP projects.
- Advising the successful consortium in respect of the TransGrid electricity distribution network privatisation in New South Wales.
- Advising Transurban on the $4 billion NorthConnex Project.
- Advising Neoen in respect of structuring and issues related to investments in solar and wind farm projects in Australia, including foreign investment taxation clearances.
- Advising the Port of Newcastle in relation to various post-privatisation transactions and ATO defence.
- Sale by National Australia Bank of the insurance division of MLC.
- Purchase by Resolution Life of AMP's life insurance business.
- Various debt raisings for Vicinity Centres.