A.J. Ericksen is a partner resident in the Firm's Houston office. Mr. Ericksen's practice focuses on the representation of public and private businesses and financial institutions in a broad range of capital markets, securities law and M&A matters. He has particular experience in the energy sector in the areas of midstream, oilfield services, utilities and complex tax structures such as Up-Cs and MLPs. He also has deep experience in SPAC transactions.
Mr. Ericksen has significant experience in initial public offerings, Rule 144A offerings and other public and private offerings of equity and debt securities. He also represents clients in connection with liability management transactions, debt tender offers and consent solicitations. In addition, he counsels companies as to corporate governance and securities law matters.
Capital Markets and Securities Matters
- Representation of ad hoc group of Carvana creditors on successful $5.7 billion debt exchange and related liability management transactions
- Representation of Ormat Technologies, Inc. in its US$431 million convertible senior notes offering
- Representation of Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. in its US$1.3 billion re-IPO
- Representation of Ormat Technologies, Inc.in its US$388 million offering of common stock by a selling shareholder
- Representation of Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. in its US$1.635 billion rights offering in connection with its successful emergence from Chapter 11
- Representation of Bristow Group Inc. in its US$400 million Rule 144A offering of senior secured notes, US$350 million Rule 144A offering of senior secured notes, US$125 million public offering of convertible senior notes, US$450 million public offering of senior notes and concurrent tender offer/redemption of senior notes
- Representation of dealer manager in Calumet Specialty Products Partners' US$200 million private exchange of senior unsecured notes for senior secured notes
- Representation of CVR Energy, Inc. in its US$1 billion Rule 144A senior notes offering
- Representation of underwriters in Cactus, Inc.'s US$503 million initial public offering
- Representation of Delek Logistics Partners, LP in its US$193 million initial public offering and its US$250 million Rule 144A senior notes offering
- Representation of Transocean Partners LLC in its US$442 million initial public offering
- Representation of Transocean in numerous Rule 144A offerings of senior notes secured by drilling rigs and related assets with an aggregate principal amount of US$3.65 billion; numerous public offerings of senior notes totaling US$9.5 billion; US$6.6 billion public offering of convertible notes; US$1 billion public offering of shares; US$700 million debt tender offer
- Representation of Schlumberger in numerous public and Rule 144A offerings of senior notes totaling over US$12 billion
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Representation of TC Energy on spin-off of liquids pipelines to create two premium energy infrastructure companies
- Representation of a private company on the acquisition of midstream assets in the Ohio River Valley
- Representation of Conﬂicts Committee of CNX Midstream Partners LP in its US$357 million all- stock acquisition by CNX Resources Corporation
- Representation of AmeriGas Partners, L.P. in its US$2.4 billion merger with UGI Corporation
- Representation of Naphtha Israel Petroleum Corporation Ltd. in its US$330 million going-private acquisition of Isramco, Inc.
- Representation of Schlumberger in its US$14.8 billion acquisition of Cameron International Corporation
- Representation of Delek U.S. Holdings, Inc. in its US$160 million acquisition of public unitholders' stake in Alon USA Partners, LP
- Representation of Regency Energy Partners LP in its US$18 billion merger with Energy Transfer Partners, L.P.
- Representation of GEODynamics in its US$525 million sale to Oil States International Inc. for cash and stock
- Representation of Schlumberger Limited in its formation of OneSubsea, a multibillion dollar joint venture with Cameron International Corporation
- Representation of a private chemicals company in its acquisition of a manufacturer of thermoplastic resins and polymers
- Representation of Occidental Petroleum on Net Power’s US$1.5 billion business combination with Rice Acquisition Corp. II
- Representation of InterPrivate III Financial Partners Inc. in its business combination with Aspiration Partners Inc.
- Representation of Kimbell Tiger Acquisition Corporation in its $230 million initial public offering
- Representation of CM Life Sciences III Inc. in its business combination with EQRx, Inc.
- Representation of CM Life Sciences II Inc. in its business combination with SomaLogic, Inc.
*Includes matters prior to joining White & Case.
Band Three, Chambers 2022-2023, Capital Markets: Debt & Equity: Texas and Central United States
Up and Coming, Chambers USA, 2021, Capital Markets: Debt & Equity – Texas and Central United States
Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2012 - 2017