Global law firm White & Case LLP was honored with three awards at the 2023 Asian Legal Business Middle East Awards, held in Dubai on October 5.
Out of 16 law firm categories, White & Case won the following three, which recognize the Firm's work across several important transactions:
UAE Law Firm of the Year
- Representation of Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO), Japan's Kyushu Electric Power Co. and Électricité de France (EDF) as international sponsors of the US$3.8 billion Project Lighting, an offshore transmission line in the UAE
- Representation of Empower, the world's largest district cooling provider, on its AED 2.6 billion IPO on the Dubai Financial Market
- Representation of Mubadala on the US$1.2 billion co-investment alongside Vista Equity Partners and Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund in the $8.4 billion take-private of Avalara
Energy and Resources Law Firm of the Year
- Representation of NEOM Green Hydrogen Company—an equal joint venture between ACWA Power, Air Products and NEOM—in connection with the financing of the landmark US$8.4 billion NEOM Hydrogen Project, the world's largest hydrogen facility
Fintech Law Firm of the Year
- Representation of Qatar National Bank in connection with a US$1 billion joint venture
This marks the second consecutive year the Firm has won ALB Middle East awards.
Abdulwahid Alulama, corporate partner and the Firm's Head of the Middle East, said: "We are deeply honored to have received these three prestigious awards, which are a testament to our unwavering commitment to delivering top-tier services and our dedication to never falling short in our client relationships. These accolades reflect the pride and excellence that define our Firm."
Asian Legal Business is a Thomson Reuters publication providing legal news, analysis and opinion for Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.