In light of the publication of the Vis Moot problem, the Firm hosted the fifth edition of the White & Case Vis Colloquium on 20 October 2022. Simultaneous events were organized by 10 White & Case offices across the EMEA region: Brussels, Frankfurt, Geneva, London, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Prague, Stockholm, and Warsaw. The event was attended by 601 participants (156 in person across the participating offices, 445 virtually).
The Vis Colloquium involved international arbitration practitioners and academics, who presented tips on researching the issues of the Vis Moot Problem, and offered their experiences in drafting persuasive submissions.
The event included the following presentations:
- Welcome and housekeeping rules
- The Vis Moot and oral advocacy skills
- Brussels: Alexandre Hublet (Associate, White & Case LLP, Brussels and Luxembourg)
- Frankfurt and Milan: Dr. Federico Parise Kuhnle (Local Partner, White & Case LLP, Frankfurt) and Noemi Hemmerich (Associate, White & Case LLP, Frankfurt)
- Geneva: Dolores Bentolila and Panagiotis Chalkias (Associates, White & Case LLP, Geneva)
- London: Agnieszka Zarówna (Associate, White & Case LLP, London)
- Madrid: Bianca McDonnell (Associate, White & Case LLP, Madrid)
- Paris and Prague: Angélica André (Counsel, White & Case LLP, Paris) and Yutty Ramen (Associate, White & Case LLP, Paris)
- Stockholm: Rasmus Lüning and Madeleine Thörn (Associates, White & Case LLP, Stockholm)
- Warsaw: Grzegorz Goniewicz and Karolina Brzeska (Associates, White & Case LLP, Warsaw)
- Introduction to the PCA Arbitration Rules – Hugh A. Meighen (Partner, BLG, Toronto) and Juan Ignacio Massun (Legal Counsel, PCA, Buenos Aires)
- Introduction to the CISG – Prof. Dr. Peter Huber (Mainz University)
- Written advocacy skills – Michael Polkinghorne (Partner, White & Case LLP, Paris) and Angélica André (Counsel, White & Case LLP, Paris)
Please check back later in 2023 for information on dates, times and how to register your interest for next year's White & Case Vis Colloquium.
White & Case has a long history with the Vis Moot, and many of our associates and partners have participated as students, coaches and arbitrators throughout the years. As a leading law firm in international commercial arbitration, we are passionate about supporting and guiding the arbitration lawyers of the future. If you want to learn more about a career at White & Case, please visit our global careers site.