Financial Technology (fintech) is evolving at a breathtaking pace, as the digital revolution changes, improves, redefines and inverts traditional roles and functions of financial services. Given the increasing demand for fintech solutions around the world, we provide clients with tailored advice to help them develop, strengthen and protect their digital infrastructure, deliver innovative products and services, and enhance their operations and compliance systems.
View all lawyers in Fintech
Why work with White & Case?
- Trusted strategic advisors: White & Case is home to a dedicated, global team of lawyers focused on the convergence of financial services and technology. Our Firm functions as a global one-stop shop providing advice on legal, regulatory and commercial issues specific to fintech industry participants.
- Truly global presence: With offices worldwide, our on-the-ground presence across major financial and technology centers as well as developing fintech hubs, including Silicon Valley, New York, Boston, London, Berlin, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Singapore and the Nordic countries, uniquely position our Firm to seamlessly provide fintech advice to our clients with activity in multiple jurisdictions.
- Decades of experience: We have advised leading innovators across the financial and technology industries, plus others, on the development, adoption and adaptation of technological solutions to maintain a competitive business advantage for more than half a century.
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary capabilities: Our top-ranked lawyers across multiple disciplines coordinate efficiently to deliver straightforward, commercially sound advice, drawing upon their expertise in M&A, technology transactions, financial institution regulatory and advisory, data management, privacy, cybersecurity, intellectual property, competition, finance, capital markets, tax, employment and disputes.
- Deep commercial understanding: We develop and maintain strong relationships with fintech industry groups, we stay abreast of our clients’ business and digital strategies, and we leverage our strong bench of lawyers with prior regulatory, government, trade association and in-house expertise to stay on top of evolving regulatory, policy and commercial issues and related trends, transactions and disputes.
We advise clients at all stages of growth, from early-stage companies across a wide range of fintech industry segments to major multinational corporates, global financial services firms, venture capital firms, asset managers, private equity houses and insurance companies.
Where we can help
- Artificial Intelligence
- Blockchain/Distributed ledger technology
- Business process and customer service automation and robotics
- Cloud-based solutions and strategies
- Competition and disputes
- Data management, protection and monetization
- Digital processes, products, platforms, currencies and services
- Innovative and traditional forms of payment services, trading, lending and alternative finance, including mobile payments, e-wallets, robo advice and crowd-funding
- Intellectual property
- IPOs, offerings and exits
- M&A, dispositions, joint ventures, outsourcing and other alliances
- Regulatory compliance and advisory, including regtech
- Capital Markets
- Data, Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Financial Institutions Advisory
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Technology Transactions
Awards and recognition
"A broad and deep banking and finance offering globally, with strong presences in the UK, Asia, Africa and Europe, as well as market-leading Latin American capabilities."
Chambers Global 2017
"Regularly advises clients in various fields, such as technology…and financial services on outsourcing matters, and has experience in protecting clients' technology and data assets."
Chambers Global 2017
"Experienced in licensing, litigation, cloud computing and data protection matters, with significant activity in M&A and joint venture agreements."
Chambers Global 2017
"This highly recommended firm is living up to its reputation as a specialist in technology transactions."
Chambers USA 2016
"highlighted for…representation of financial institutions in technology and outsourcing transactions, drawing on significant experience in fintech developments."
Chambers USA 2017
"The firm is global and the team can manage really technical aspects in any country."
Chambers Europe-wide 2016
Law Firm of the Year for Information Technology