White & Case was named "Best Law Firm for Equity Capital Markets" in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa) by international capital markets news service GlobalCapital at its third annual Equity Capital Markets Awards Dinner in London on March 20.
"We are very pleased to be recognized by GlobalCapital as the leading Equity Capital Markets practice in EMEA," said EMEA Head of Capital Markets Philippe Herbelin (Paris). "This recognition, which is voted on by market participants, is a reflection of White & Case's strategic expansion of its Equity Capital Markets capabilities over the past few years."
GlobalCapital also named three transactions on which White & Case advised as "Deals of the Year." UniCredit's €13 billion rights issue won three awards, Volcan Holdings' £3.5 billion "POEMS" exchangeable bonds issue won two awards and EN+ Group's US$1.5 billion IPO also won an award.
The winning deals on which White & Case advised were:
- Equity Capital Markets Deal of the Year: UniCredit €13 billion rights issue
- Financial Institution ECM Deal of the Year: UniCredit €13 billion rights issue
- ECM Deal of the Year in Italy: UniCredit €13 billion rights issue
- Equity-Linked Bond Deal of the Year: Volcan Holdings–"POEMS" exchangeable bonds totaling £3.5 billion
- Most Innovative ECM Deal of the Year: Volcan Holdings–"POEMS" exchangeable bonds totaling £3.5 billion
- ECM Deal of the Year in CEE, Russia and the CIS: EN+ Group US$1.5 billion IPO
This is the latest accolade received by White & Case's EMEA Equity Capital Markets team. Earlier this year the practice was the number one law firm for advising on equity offerings and IPO transactions in the EMEA region, by Bloomberg.