White & Case won five awards at The American Lawyer's first Global Legal Awards program. The Firm won for its work in the following areas:
- Global M&A Deal of the Year, Middle East, for Sinopec/Aramco
- Global Finance Deal of the Year, Project Finance, Middle East, for Sadara
- Global Finance Deal of the Year, Public Restructuring, for Greece's debt restructuring
- Global Pro Bono Program of the Year, multiple jurisdictions, for the Human Trafficking Initiative
- Global M&A Deal of the Year, Russia, for Rosneft/TNK-BP
New this year, The American Lawyer's Global Legal Awards recognizes cross-border legal work across several categories, as well as the firms and in-house counsel on all sides of the matter.